- This event has passed.
Fall Pranayama Series with Arundhati Baitmangalkar at Aham Yoga
September 14| $100 - $110
Pranayama, also known as the art of yogic breathing, is an integral part of the practice of yoga – preceded by asana, or the physical practice. Pranayama is an inseparable part of the Yoga tradition. Translated literally as ‘prana’ = vital force or breath and ‘ayama’ = extension, stretching, lengthening: pranayama = extension of breath.
At Aham Yoga, we offer regular, high quality pranayama or yogic breathing classes. This series runs for 6 consecutive weeks. And is ideal for anyone looking to gain better health, well-being and take their yoga to the next level. Practising pranayama will help you live more mindfully and develop a meditation practice. Pranayama also increases one’s longevity. This ancient practice is a step beyond the physical practice of asanas. And requires the mentality of a mature, well-informed yoga student and yoga teacher.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR FALL PRANAYAMA:
- To practice pranayama, the student must have a well-developed asana, or physical practice, in order to sit comfortably for an extended period of time, and stay focused and concentrated on their breath.
- Wear comfortable yoga clothing, and come to class with a relatively empty stomach. Tea or juice is okay. Excessive caffeine may interfere with the practice.
- Bring your own yoga mat, or rent one at the studio.
- Rest well the night prior to class.
- Inform your instructor of any health issues or injuries that may prevent you from sitting comfortably throughout.
- Arrive at the studio early, especially if you are new, to check in and get settled.
BENEFITS OF PRANAYAMA:
- Enhances lung capacity
- Improves respiration
- Increases oxygen intake
- Helps to expel toxins
- Regulates internal body temperature
- Boosts immunity and resistance to infections
- Improves overall health and well-being
- Good for the spine and pelvis
- Increases body awareness
- Sep. 14th – Oct. 18th, 2017
- 06:45 pm – 07:45 pm
- We recommend signing up for the entire 6-week series; $110 (early bird price $100)
- Drop-in’s available as space permits: $20 at the door.
- First come, first serve. Full series enrollments take priority.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Arundhati Baitmangalkar
Arundhati, Lead Teacher and Founder of Aham Yoga, came to yoga after nearly a decade of teaching dance. Born and raised in India, Arundhati has been teaching since 2006. Trained in vinyasa and hatha styles of yoga from renowned yoga masters. Known for sequencing, alignment and educating her students. She represents a great balance of classical and modern yoga. Her classes are challenging, dynamic, fun and precise. She is one of the leading yoga teachers in the area. She also hosts a well known yoga blog & travels to teach. At Aham Yoga, she teaches yoga classes, teacher trainings and workshops.
Aham Yoga, Arundhati Baitmangalkar, Fall Pranayama Series, Pranayama Series Redmond, Yoga Class Redmond, Yoga Series Redmond