- This event has passed.
Free Yoga Book Club Meeting in Redmond
April 27 @ 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm| Free
At Aham Yoga, we constantly strive towards giving you more yoga through classes, personal attention, training, events and workshops, and access to more yoga knowledge through books, our blog, etc. Always striving towards our motto, “Y-your, O-own, G-goals, A-achieved©” each day, we began hosting a Yoga Book Club in the summer of 2016 – a longtime dream!
WHAT IS THE YOGA BOOK CLUB?
- Meet once every 4-6 weeks (depending on the book).
- Open dialogue, questions, and discussions about the contents of the book – your participation is key!
- The book club attendance is FREE. Your only investment is time, the book, and food/drinks at chosen venue.
WHO IS THIS BOOK CLUB FOR?
- Anybody interested in yoga.
- Anybody looking to meet new people
- Anybody who loves to read.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE YOGA BOOK CLUB?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are interested.
- Join our Facebook Group for all of the quickest updates, questions, etc.
- Begin reading and expand your mind!
HOW ARE THE BOOKS CHOSEN?
To interested members we will be sharing a yoga book list of our favorites. We are also open to any of your suggestions. We will pick the next book at the closing of every meet, and announce the book on our Facebook Group for other interested members.
Concise and readable answers to the most commonly asked questions about yoga, and illuminating little-known facts and esoteric aspects of the philosophy and practice–by renowned yogi Richard Rosen.
Here are answers to all the questions that come up in your yoga practice and study! Renowned yoga teacher Richard Rosen has asked—and been asked—nearly every yoga-related question that there is, and his wonderfully practical, helpful answers will give you a thorough explanation of the tradition’s key concepts, and the nuts and bolts of yoga philosophy and practice, including:
- Yoga’s main texts, including the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutra, among others
- Yamas and niyamas
- The subtle body—what it means and what it looks like in practice
- The evolution of asanas
- Mudras and bandhas
- And much more
Aham Yoga, Soulfood Coffeehouse, Yoga Book Club, Yoga Redmond