6 Movements (6M) is a new kind of fitness studio, changing the way people work out. Opening in March 2017, we are building a team of high energy, client focused, fitness instructors. Keep reading if you want to get in on the ground floor of a unique new fitness venue reply to this email with a phone number and best times to call.
Located in vibrant Edmonds Wash., 6M specializes in small group, low impact, variable intensity functional fitness. 6M has multiple instructor positions open either as independent contractors or part-time employees, who meet the qualifications listed below.
At least one year’s experience teaching one or more of the following types of classes:
- Foundations — Introduction to indoor rowing, TRX, kettlebells and movement skills at moderate intensity, preparing clients for more advanced/intense training.
- Endurance — HIIT & Circuits using Concept2 Rowers, SkiErg, various functional equipment’s and bodyweight exercises.
- Basic Strength — Kettlebell lifts (hard style & sport) and TRX straps.
- Advanced Strength — Advanced Kettlebell lifts/complexes and KB Sport techniques.
- Mobility – locomotion exercises, facia relief/rolling and static stretches.
- Yoga, Barre, other types of classes
- Certified PT/GrpX with nationally accredited organization.
- Certified in specialty you will be instructing (for example Yoga, Kettlebells).
- Current CPR and AED Certificate. Prefer also First Aid.
- Possess good understanding of Heart Rate Threshold and Zone training methods.
- Can identify human anatomy and tie this to training purpose.
- Can demonstrate movements, including progressions and regressions.
- Can demonstrate safe, mindful stretching and facia relief.
- Possess high empathy and patience for clients new to modalities or fitness in general, insecure or fearful of fitness, may have low confidence or be poorly conditioned, with arthritis, artificial joints, chronic diseases or have far more years of life and wear and tear on their bodies than the instructor.
- Understands and is committed to body positive training.
- Willing to coach low-impact methods always – no running, jumping, plyometric or kipping movements.
Desired (is current, working on, or is willing to obtain within 6 months):
- Rowing Instructor Certification
- TRX certificates
- Kettlebell Certification (Hardstyle or Sport)
- Locomotion such as MoveNat, GFM, GMP, Animal Flow or similar
- Designs, programs and leads classes consisting of 12 or fewer students
- Arrives 15 minutes before and stays 15 minutes’ after class to prepare, clean up and interact with participants.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and assists with maintaining a clean, neat, safe studio environment.
- Conducts fitness assessments, skills proficiency tests
- Available for meetings and periodic weekend workshops and events.
- Assists with management of social media, studio communications and other office duties.
- Available on-call periodically as backup trainer
|Job Category||Yoga Instructor|