Christmas is just around the corner and we know exactly what all yogis need this holiday season: some good tidings and flexibility! As we scramble to prepare for the big day with our families, we tend to lose time for yoga during the holiday season. We’ve created a gift guide for all the yogis in your life with a focus on local Seattle vendors and creators. Hopefully this list will help curtail the time you spend shopping so that you can spend more time on your practice!
For those learning and discovering their own yoga practice:
- New to yoga? Have no clue what an Adho Mukha Svanasana is? Practice learning the poses with YOGA CARDS by WorkoutLabs ($28). This deck of visual guides will show you essential poses, breathing exercises and even meditation techniques. It’s rated #1 Bestselling and is perfect for all ages and experience levels.
- For the little ones, get your children the Yogi Pack for Joyful Learning ($20)! The set comes with cards to help your little one discover their yoga journey. We tried it on our little ones and they absolutely loved the sequences they could play with and create with ease! It’s never too early for your children to start their practice!
For the seasoned yogi wanting to advance and maintain their practice:
- Premium Stress Relief Squeeze Balls Bundle By Freegrace: We all know that nailing that handstand or inversion requires a strong base. Strengthening the arms and hands is tricky and takes a lot of work and time. Use this 7 piece hand exercise & therapy set to strengthen you grip and arms. The set comes with multiple resistance levels. This set is great for all level yogis as well as to relieve any stress accumulated throughout your day.
- The RumbleRoller ($65) was created to perform this rolling therapy more effectively. The RumbleRoller Manipulates Soft Tissue like a Massage Therapist!
The surface of the RumbleRoller contains specially designed bumps that are firm, but flexible, much like the thumbs of a massage therapist. As you roll over the top of the RumbleRoller, the bumps continuously knead the contours of your body, gently stretching soft tissue (muscle and fascia) in multiple directions. This action erodes trigger points, helps restore flexibility, and brings quick relief to common types of muscular pain. Dawn Irene Aragon (aka iRONFAERY) is a local Seattle yoga teacher and official RumbleRoller retailer. She is offering SYN readers a Full Size Roller for $65+tax and includes delivery!
For the yogi who wants to relax:
- Essential Oils ($16): These include 8 different essential oils from ArtNaturals Aromatherapy. These can be used to purify your environment whether you are in the car, a yoga studio, the office, a classroom, the bathroom or you simply need to refresh and cleanse your personal space. It just takes a spray to make everything ok!
- Barefoot Yoga Silk Eye Pillows ($18-$26): Enjoy these printed and scented eye pillows during your next restorative yoga or yoga nidra session. They’re filled with flaxseed and lavender. The pressure of the eye masks will help you relax and find calm. Locally made in Seattle, Wash. by Barefoot Yoga.
For the yogi growing their business:
- Sukha Design and Photography is offering a holiday special. Do you need images of your studio, yourself, teachers or ideas to grow your yoga business? Consult with Sukha Design to create a specialized look and feel for your yoga ventures!
- Ever wanted to plan a retreat but just didn’t know how to? Drishti Journeys is a local company who works with local teachers to bring you and your students one a kind, lifetime changing experiences. Created by Reinier Woorvinde, Renier works with yoga teachers and studios to create events where you can worry about teaching yoga while Renier takes care of the culinary and experiential aspects of your retreat. It’s not only a yoga retreat, it’s an experience.
The Seattle Yoga News team hopes everyone has a Merry Christmas!
Interested in more content like this? Get social with us:
Published on Dec 21, 2016