- This event has passed.
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training at Whole Life Yoga
Jan 22, 2018| $3200 – $4250
Deepen Your Yoga Practice While Learning to Help Others
Do you believe that yoga is more than exercise? Has it transformed your life? Would you like to use the ancient tools of asana (postures), pranayama (breath work), and meditation to help others? If so, Whole Life Yoga’s teacher training may be for you! Whole Life Yoga’s Yoga Alliance registered programs utilize a multifaceted approach that includes a combination of classes, clinics, observation, private instruction, and independent study. It also includes practice teaching both to fellow teacher training students and out in the community. Specifically, we cover:
- Personal practice and class design, including asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Anatomy and physiology of yoga
- Yoga philosophy (yoga sutras)
- Teaching methodology and practice
Yoga is also about sangha (community.) We pride ourselves on developing a community of friends who share a deep love of yoga. Many of our graduates stay in close contact with their teacher training classmates for many years to come.
Whole Life Yoga’s teacher training is appropriate for:
- Yoga students who would like to deepen their yoga practice.
- Individuals who would like to coach friends, coworkers, or others in 1:1 yoga practices.
- Health care practitioners interested in integrating aspects of yoga and yoga therapy into their practice.
- Yoga practitioners who want to teach group classes at yoga studios, health clubs, community centers, or other venues.
- Experienced yoga teachers who want to learn the Viniyoga methodology of customizing yoga to the needs of individual students.
We meet weekly for 11 months, from January 22, 2018 through December 17, 2018. Weekly classes take place on Mondays from 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Monthly clinics generally take place on the 4th Sunday of each month from 12:30 – 5:30 pm. Monday sessions are held at the Phinney Neighborhood Center at N 67th St & Phinney Ave N. Sunday workshops are held at Whole Life Yoga on the corner of N 87th St and Greenwood Ave N.
We offer several payment plans, and we discount heavily for payment in full.
- 1 payment of $3500 ($300 discount if paid in full by November 30, 2017)
- 4 equal payments of $950
- 10 equal payments of $425
- 41 weekly 3-hour training sessions
- 11 monthly special topic clinics
- Attendance in 10 group classes
- Observation of 10 group classes
- 2 private or small group meetings with teacher training staff
- Teacher training manual, written practices, and all handouts
For More Information:
Viniyoga is personalized, and so is our application process. If you’re interested in applying, contact Tracy Weber, the program director, at 206-784-2882, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tracy will arrange a time to meet, discuss your goals, and help you assess if this program is right for you.
The Viniyoga approach is an ancient methodology for customizing yoga practices to individual student needs. This approach has been handed down for centuries in India. In the past 100 years, it has been sustained in India and expanded to Europe and the United States by Krishnamacharya and his son, TKV Desikachar. It has been effectively customized to US audiences through the work of Gary Kraftsow and others in the past 30 years.
Viniyoga is a highly adaptable, meditative style of yoga that coordinates movement with the breath. It is a uniquely healing form of yoga and can be used by people of all levels and physical abilities, including those with injury, illness, and limited mobility.
200-hour Viniyoga Teacher Training, Whole Life Yoga, Whole Life Yoga Greenwood, Yoga Teacher Training Seattle