- This event has passed.
200 Hour Teacher Training with Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri
Jul 22, 2016
This summer, Aadil Palkivala and Savitri will teach a 200 Hour Purna Yoga Teacher Training in a special month-long immersion format!! This is your chance to study in depth with true yoga masters dedicated to your growth and evolution.
Becoming a yoga teacher is a big investment, so be sure to invest in courses taught by experts, not just yoga teachers. Aadil has been studying yoga for over 40 years; he studied with BKS Iyengar since the age of 7, was teaching by age 15, traveling internationally at 18, and has degrees in mathematics, physics and law. He has been training teachers for over 30 years. Savitri developed her own meditation techniques, healed herself from serious illnesses and multiple life tragedies and has been teaching for over 25 years. Together they partner with their most senior teacher-trainers, trained by them personally, to share a spectacular life-changing experience.
Savitri and Aadil personally teach over half of this course.
The College of Purna Yoga is an elite yoga school offering 200 hour, 500 hour and 2,000 hour yoga teacher trainings. In Sanskrit “purna” means complete and “yoga” means unity. Our college provides a complete unifying approach to the integrity of yoga, including asana, nutrition and anatomy as well as Savitri’s Heartfull Meditation™, lifestyle and heart-based philosophy.
Aadil and Savitri founded The College of Purna Yoga with one initial purpose: to create the best-trained yoga teachers anywhere. They spent a lifetime putting together a complete system that lets you truly live yoga, so you can bring out your inner intuition and wisdom.
The 200 Hour Teacher Training in the College of Purna Yoga helps you elevate your yoga practice to the next level – whether you want to teach yoga or not. No other training brings together all the aspects of yoga.
In the 200 Hour, you will:
- Build strength and flexibility, and heal injuries. Harness the detail and elegance of the physical practice of asana and create amazing results in your own body.
- Find peace and joy in all life’s experiences. Explore the natural energetics of the body, mind and spirit to create a calm mind amidst the whirlwind of life.
- Gain powerful insights you can use in daily life. Ancient yogic philosophy is astonishingly relevant even in our modern world!
- Cultivate energy and vibrant health. Discover the surprising link between yoga and nutrition.
- Eliminate what is holding you back. Create a lifestyle that supports your practice and your growth.
Our holistic curriculum has two main components:
1. The TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE on how to teach yoga (asana) that is safe, alignment based, effective, transformational, and accessible to all body types, through advanced anatomy education. Uniquely learn:
- Alignment-based asana including actions, alignment, contraindications, prop use, and more
- Specific series and flow sequences
- Heartfull Meditation™ and Lifestyle
- Fundamentals of teaching, including speech, class control, safety, and more
- Study of subtle energies of the body
- Detailed anatomy
- Ancient yogic philosophy
- The power of love
2. The LIFESTYLE that supports your purpose. Purna Yoga shares that our purpose is to be truly alive and to shine. Therefore, we don’t just teach you how to teach yoga, you learn to live it. We teach Heartfull life techniques with ways to build the lifestyle that helps you open your heart and live your purpose. The College of Purna Yoga provides in-depth, detailed instruction, from a dedicated lineage, with proven results. Our graduates are known for their integrity, expertise, professionalism, attention to safety and genuine care.
Emerge from the 200 hour with:
- The confidence and knowledge to teach a variety of safe, inspirational yoga classes.
- A new-found love for your practice and appreciation for the many gifts it offers.
- The aspiration to connect to your highest wisdom so you can feel and be more alive.
- An over 300 page manual by Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri – a resource to serve you for a lifetime!
Even if you don’t think you want to be a yoga teacher, we invite you to discover the difference between yoga of the mind, and the Purna Yoga approach to yoga from the heart.
July 22 – August 20, 2016
Month-long Immersion Format: Meets 6 days a week, 8 hours a day
Priority Registration (enroll and pay in full by May 22): $4,600
Priority Registration – With a Friend (enroll with a friend and pay in full by May 22): $4,200 – Save up to $600!
Regular (as space allows): $4,800
Emerge with a Certificate of Completion at the 200 Hour Level. This certificate enables you to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200)
The College of Purna Yoga at Alive and Shine Center is a Washington State Licensed Vocational School and is approved by the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga School at the 200 and 500 hour Levels.