- This event has passed.
200 hour yoga teacher training at Shakti Vinyasa Yoga
Sep 11, 2015| $3200
SHAKTI Vinyasa’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program is anchored in Baptiste Yoga methodology and registered with the Yoga Alliance. Course work includes 180 contact hours and 20 independent study hours. Our curriculum emphasizes practical teaching skills and hands-on classroom experience. This 4 month intensive course will develop your teaching abilities and prepare you to guide, support, and inspire others on their own path to physical and spiritual awakening.
Program graduates will have the knowledge and ability to:
- Teach a comprehensive, challenging, all-levels vinyasa yoga class
- Understand effective sequencing based on Baptiste Yoga methodology
- Implement healthy asana alignment, form, and modifications
- Effectively assist and evaluate each students’ needs
- Teach Ujjayi and other Pranayama breathing techniques
- Effectively communicate, present to a group, and exemplify strong leadership
In addition to Baptiste Yoga methodology and practical teaching skills, program graduates will learn:
- Basic anatomy and physiology as it relates to yoga
- The history and roots of yoga through study of sutras and the Eight Limbs of yoga
- Ethics and professional lifestyles, and boundaries for yoga teachers
- Gain understanding of how one can teach and live yoga beyond the classroom
- The business of teaching yoga, creating programs, and owning a studio
Enrollment begins April 1, 2015!
Early Bird pricing ($3,200) available until July 1, 2015
Fall 2015 Training Weekends at SHAKTI Seattle:
- Sept 11-13, 18-20, 25-27
- Oct 9-11, 23-25
- Nov 6-8, 20-22
- Dec 4-6, 11-13
Each weekend’s training schedule is:
- Friday : 3:30 pm-9:00 pm
- Saturday : 7:30 am-7:30 pm
- Sunday : 7:30 am-4:00 pm
Register now for our Fall 2015 program in Seattle!