- This event has passed.
200hr. YA Certified Yoga Teacher Training with Liz Doyle at Bastyr University
Mar 3, 2018| $2,900
Give yourself the gift of Yoga Teacher training! Join Liz Doyle and lay the foundation for your yoga practice and teaching at Bastyr University, the premier center for natural healing in the Pacific Northwest. Liz will be your guide in learning the ancient art of Yoga.
Liz is committed to teach the way with patience, humour and humility, whilst helping you maintain attention to your practice of breath and alignment with the mental resilience and strength that will allow you to build a successful foundation as a Yoga Teacher. This yoga teacher training will be nothing short of exceptional, the only thing missing is YOU.
This is a Certificate Yoga Teacher Training course with a 200 hr. Bastyr/Yoga Alliance Registration. Each trainee will complete 200 hours of training done in the course of eight weeks. In only 8 weeks, trainees will receive a certificate of completion which they can then register with Yoga Alliance, an organization that registers both individual yoga teachers as well as teacher training programs (schools) who meet standards established by the organization.
- Open house 4:00 – 6:00pm | Saturday February 3, 2018 in room 166 at the Bastyr Clinic for Natural Health 3670 Stone Way, Seattle WA
- Open house 10:00 – 12:00am | Sunday February 4, 2018 at the Bastyr Main Campus in room 220, 14500 NE Juanita Dr. Kenmore, WA
Please click the links to register as room is limited.
After completing this 200hr course students will:
- Become An Effective and Inspiring Yoga Teacher
- Sequencing a Yoga Class
- Perform Yoga Postures and Safe Alignment
- Meridians, Marmas, and Yin Yoga basics
- Ayurvedic daily habits (Dinacharya) and Yogic Lifestyle
- Apply key concepts of Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
- Teach the 8 Limbed Path of Yoga – the structure of your yoga practice
- Grow Your Personal Practice Exponentially
- Interperet the hidden meanings of the postures
- Peform Mudra (hand gestures), Mantra and Pranayama deep breathing
- Understand the Business of Yoga
Breakdown of Program Hours:
- 25 hours of Anatomy
- 12.5 hours of Practicum
- 26 hours of Pedagogy / Applied Teaching Methodology
- 30 hours Yoga Philosophy / Ethics
- 100 hours Techniques, Training, Practice
- Friday’s 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- PRACTICUM on 1 Wednesday per week 6:00 pm -7:00 pm
- $2,900 by Feb. 25
- $3,200 after
Prerequisite: Participants should have a minimum of 6 months of any style yoga practice
Meals: One hour lunch break – Bring a sack lunch or eat in Bastyr’s dining commons.
Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room # 25 .
Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Please Bring: Personal water bottle (filtered water dispensers available on campus to refill).
About the Instructor: Liz Doyle
Liz has a unique way of doing things, and a keen eye for subtleties that catapult her students to the next level. If you’re ready for something different and want someone who can uncover your unique strengths, offer you tangible advice to deepen your experience and get real results as a yogi, you’ve found the right teacher.
Liz has a deep respect for yoga tradition, and at the same time acknowledges that everything must evolve, including yoga. Liz’s unconventional perspective on the practice, combined with an uncanny knack for spotting the tiny thing that pulls it all together for you, is what makes her bold approach so effective. Liz has just the right mix of penetrating insight, work ethic and razor-sharp wit to make your yoga practice work for you like never before. For more, visit www.LizDoyleYoga.com and facebook.com/LizDoyleYoga