- This event has passed.
2016 Yoga Teacher Training at Whole Life Yoga
Mar 14, 2016| $3500
Join Tracy Weber at Whole Life Yoga in Greenwood to pursue the 200 hour teacher training program starting in March 2016 focused on viniyoga.
Here are three key things you should know about this yoga teacher training:
- It is designed to be accessible to all body types and multiple experience levels. We welcome people with physical limitations.
- It was set up to meet the schedule needs of working adults and full time parents. We believe yoga teacher training should be integrated into your life, not separated from it.
- Tracy Weber, who is leading this training, is a certified yoga therapist and has offered Yoga-Alliance registered teacher trainings at the 200 and 500 levels since 2003.
- We will meet weekly for 11 months, from March 14, 2016 through February 19, 2017. Weekly classes will take place on Mondays from 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Monthly clinics generally take place on the 4th Sunday of each month from 12:30 – 5:30 pm, however the first will be on March 20, 2016.
- Monday sessions will be at the Phinney Neighborhood Center at N 67th St & Phinney Ave N. Sunday workshops will be at Whole Life Yoga on the corner of N 87th St and Greenwood Ave N.
- 1 payment of $3500 ($300 discount if paid in full by December 31, 2015)
- 4 equal payments of $950
- 10 equal payments of $425
Training cost includes the following:
- 41 weekly 3-hour training sessions
- 10 monthly special topic clinics
- Attendance in 10 group classes at Whole Life Yoga
- Observation of 10 group classes at Whole Life Yoga
- 2 private or small group meetings with teacher training staff
The viniyoga approach is an ancient methodology for customizing yoga practices to individual student needs. This approach has been handed down for centuries in India. In the past 100 years, it has been sustained in India and expanded to Europe and the United States by Krishnamacharya and his son, TKV Desikachar. It has been effectively customized to US audiences through the work of Gary Kraftsow and others.
Viniyoga is a highly adaptable, meditative style of yoga that coordinates movement with the breath. It is a uniquely healing form of yoga and can be used by people of all levels and physical abilities, including those with limited mobility.
For more details about this program and to learn about the application process, we invite you to visit the Whole Life Yoga studio teacher training page.