- This event has passed.
2021 Backpacking and Yoga Retreat in Yellowstone National Park
August 1| $1,975
Laura’s journey to connecting yoga and adventure travel started in 2011, on the Salmon River in Idaho, where she had her first “aha” moment communing with nature on a level that went beyond words. Laura is now an alumni of the National Outdoor Leadership School, a teacher of Wilderness First Aid, a Wilderness First Responder and professional hiking guide in the White Mountain National Forest. With over 1000 hours of teaching yoga, Laura is certified in power vinyasa, teen yoga and plant medicine yoga, with an emphasis on lunar influenced sequencing. In addition to yoga adventures, she loves skiing Vermont pow, rock climbing, long boarding by the ocean, sea kayaking, bingeing really weird SyFy TV shows, connecting with female entrepreneurs, and most of all her two new kittens Minnow & Storm 🙂
Established in 1872 and located primarily in Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park was America’s first national park. Visiting Yellowstone is like stepping into another world. It offers a truly unique experience of spectacular hiking, beautiful views, the famous Old Faithful geyser, and more geysers shooting water 100 feet into the air. To this day, Yellowstone remains one of the country’s most popular national parks with millions of annual visitors. Yellowstone spans almost 3,500 miles and extends into parts of Montana and Idaho, making it one of the largest national parks in the US. Yellowstone National Park sits on top of a dormant volcano and is home to more geysers and hot springs than any other place on earth. Wonders abound at this truly unique national park, from sites like the Yellowstone Grand Canyon to wildlife like America’s largest buffalo herd, grizzly bears, and wolves.
*Subject to change based upon weather, participants, and group needs.
- August 1: Arrive in Bozeman, Montana. Your Guides will meet you at the airport and take you to your lodging. Tonight you will get to know each other and your guides. The guides will provide the necessary information to prep you for your backpacking adventure as well as help you pack and prepare your belongings for the adventure.
- August 2-6: Backpacking. The group will be transported to the trailhead to begin 5 days of hiking and camping within the park. Expect to carry up to 40 pounds of weight in your backpacks. Camping will be tenting in the backcountry, thus no electricity and plumbing. Don’t worry, your expert guides will have already prepped you for the backcountry, will continue to care for you, and teach you how to live comfortably under the big beautiful sky of Yellowstone!
- August 6: We will get off the trail and head to Chico Hot Springs to enjoy showers and soaking in the hot springs.
- August 7: Whitewater Rafting. We can’t leave Montana without experiencing the whitewater of the Yellowstone River. In the afternoon we will have time to rest and relax and continuing exploring the area and back to Chico Hot Springs.
- August 8: Fly home from Bozeman, Montana. This is where we say good bye to our new friends and guides.
What’s included with the cost?
✓ 3 nights hotel lodging (Based on double occupancy. Additional costs for single rooms.)
✓ Ground transportation. Pick up and drop off at the Jackson airport, transport to and from the trailhead, to and from whitewater rafting location.
✓ Gear: All camping and group gear will be provided if needed. We encourage people to have their own backpacks, however, we do have backpacks we can supply to those that do not have a pack.
✓ Expedition Food: All meals will be provided during the hiking part of the trip. Menu will accommodate dietary restrictions.
✓ Guides will provide a recommended packing list for personal items necessary for this trip.
What’s not included?
✓ Transportation and travel costs to and from Jackson, Wyoming.
✓ Food and meals when we are off the trail.
✓ Souvenirs, activities not mentioned in the itinerary, and any personal needs or wants.
Temperatures in July will range from 40s up to the 70s. We will hike in rain or shine and provide expertise and support to help you be comfortable and safe throughout all weather conditions.
2021 Yoga Retreat, Backcountry Yoga, Backpacking and Yoga Retreat, Breakwater Expeditions, Laura Loewy, Summer Yoga Retreat, Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park, Yoga Retreat in Yellowstone