- This event has passed.
Teaching Inversions – a 300 hour teacher training module
Jun 1, 2019| $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
This Inversions course will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- 2.5-hour workshop that will provide tools and techniques on how to practice and teach inversions safely and correctly
- Anatomy lecture and discussion with a physical therapist on muscular awareness and structural integrity in inversions
- How to insert inversions into a regular flow class in a way that is safe, energetically balanced, and accessible to your students
- How to construct an inversions workshop that is appropriate for both beginner and advanced practitioners
- When to use the wall, and when and how to pair students up for maximum safety and fun
- Study of the chakras that are energetically relevant to inversions
- Teaching mindful awareness and inner peace through inversions
- How to avoid the pitfalls of over-trying or attachment to asana
- Practice teaching inversions
All of our teacher trainings are structured to be beneficial and enjoyable for those who wish not to teach. We believe yoga is a path of lifelong learning. Teacher training is a term that we use because we are Yoga Alliance and Washington State Certified Teaching Vocational School and that is the language that they determined for these classes. But that does not mean that these trainings are restricted for teachers only. We welcome everyone who is curious, who enjoys learning, who wishes to understand yoga in a deeper level.
You can buy the 300 HR teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or buy all 15 modules and save $400.00. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the link under the main page 500-HR Teacher Training.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete 15 modules and pass the final exam and presentation. The training can be completed in as little as 2 years. Most students can comfortably complete the training in 4 years. However, our program is flexible: You can study at your own pace, taking as many years as you need to finish all 15 modules. After each 4-year period, we will charge an additional $100 to reactivate your enrollment in the training
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
- Saturday, 11:30am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, 11:30am – 6:00pm
Date: June 1st – 2nd 2019
Location: Spira Power Yoga, Issaquah
Price of this module: $335
300 Hour Teacher Training, Spira Power Yoga Issaquah, Teaching Inversions