- This event has passed.
40 Days of Introspection: The Mind and Body Cleansing Workshop
Jan 5, 2018| $239.99 – $389.99
Join Dora Gyarmati at Spira Yoga in West Seattle for this 40 days of introspection workshop which includes yoga, meditation & nutrition – a total mind and body cleansing program.
In the ancient texts of yoga, asanas, poses were not the focus. Rather there were thousand of pages written on the art of “Svadhyaya”. Svadhyaya is a Sanskrit term that translates to ‘self-study’. Ancient yogis spent most of their focus on developing techniques on mindfulness, ways to become more present, more authentic and more united with life.
The goal of this course is to connect you to this ancient art of Svadyaya with modern tools.
The greatest lessons of yoga are not on your mat, but in everyday life with family, work and friends. How we live and conduct our life is yoga. We should all live a joyful, loving, thriving experience at work and at home. We all wish to have a healthy relationship with our partners and with our bodies.
Are you living to your full potential?
During this workshop most importantly we will delve into your mind. We will explore meditation practices. With the help from our reading material we will learn and explore how our thinking and emotional brain behaves and maybe gain some understanding into why we do the things that we do. We will also strengthen and tone our body as we will have to do our very best to practice yoga 6 days a week for 40 days. We will focus on cleaning up our eating habits and building more loving awareness to how we eat. By the end of 40 days you will leave with healthier habits and better knowledge of yourself!
YOGA PRACTICE – OPTIONAL: Try to practice yoga 6 days a week. The 7th day is a restorative home practice, optional yoga class, or day of rest. (Cost of membership is included in the price of the workshop. If you already have an unlimited membership at Spira or if you live further away where daily practice at Spira would be not possible, purchase the package with NO YOGA only meetings)
MEDITATION: At home (5-15minutes) or before classes in the mornings and evenings.
WEEKLY MEETINGS: For 7 Fridays 7:30-9:30pm we will get together to listen to lectures from Dora followed by group discussions on topics from the books. We will also learn guided meditation, and goal centering and inner peace building journaling techniques.
READING MATERIAL (supplied with the cost of the workshop):
- The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Champman
- A few printed material in the form of handouts.
When: Meetings take place every Friday night from 7:30pm-9:30pm starting January 5th – Feb 16th
- Cost with Yoga included: $339.99 early registration (extended till December 17th), $389.99 late registration (costs includes 40 days of unlimited yoga at Spria, weekend meetings and two books that Spira will supply during first meeting) .
- Cost without yoga package: : $239.99 early registration (extended till December 17th), $289.99 late registration. Cost includes the meetings and two books that Spira will supply during first day of meetings. Purchase this if you already have an unlimited membership at Spira or if you choose to practice elsewhere
- you can take 40 Days of Introspection for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits!
- workshops are NOT refundable!