- This event has passed.
500h Yoga Teacher Training in West Seattle at Spira Yoga
Mar 1, 2016| $375
This training is Yoga Alliance Certified. This training will be 300 hours in addition to your 200 hours that you have already completed. You will be 500 hour certified if you have completed successfully both 200 and 300 hour training.
This 300 hour training will be made up of a total of 14 modules over 2 years.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 14 modules within 4 years and pass successfully the final exam and presentation.
- Dora Gyarmati EYRT and Carina Terra EYRT
- Guest teachers TBD including physical therapists and PhDs.
First module will start March 2016.
Spira’s 200 hour teacher training is very detailed, we covered not only practicum but also read and analyzed 8 books on philosophy, history, mindfulness and anatomy. These ADDITIONAL 300 hours assume that you have been through a 200 hour training already. All topics that are listed in this module have been covered in the 200 hour level. These modules are intended to deepen your knowledge. If you don’t have a 200 hour training or if your 200 hour training was not very detailed (8 weeks or shorter in duration), we recommend that you take Spira’s 200 hour teacher training before enrolling in our 300 hour curriculum.
- Teaching Arm Balances: March 4th-6th 2016
- Teaching Restorative Yoga: May 13th-15th 2016
- Understanding and Pronouncing Sanskrit: June 3rd-5th 2016
- Hands on Assisting: June 17th-19th 2016
- Teaching Back Bends: October 14th-16th 2016
- Teaching Hip Openers: November 11th-13th 2016
- Teaching Safe and Peaceful Inversions: March 3rd-6th 2017
- History of Yoga and the Art of Teaching Meditation: May 5th-7th 2017
- Desires, Consciousness Awareness. Experiencing and Teaching Advanced Meditation: May 19th-21st 2017
- Advanced Sequencing: June 16th-18th 2017
- Demystifying and Understanding Tantra: October 13th-15th 2017
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: TBD
- Ayurveda: November 10th-12th 2017
Approximate schedule for weekend modules:
- Fridays, 2:00pm – 9:30pm
- Saturdays, 11:30am – 3:30pm and 6:00pm-9:30pm (option to take the 4:30 class if you wish)
- Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
- $375 for each module or $4,800 for 14 modules in advance.
Please note you must complete all 14 modules within 4 years to be able to receive your Yoga Alliance Certificate. There is no time restriction if you are taking modules for self enrichment.