- This event has passed.
8 limbs 200-hour yoga teacher training in Seattle
Oct 15, 2015| $2990
At 8 Limbs our mission is to create a supportive, inclusive, and non-competitive atmosphere in which yoga practitioners can learn and grow. The 8 Limbs 200-hour Teacher Training courses serve this mission by offering the aspiring or continuing yoga teacher or serious student a sound foundation in the principals of yoga theory and practice within the container of the training staff and fellow participants. Applications are now being accepted for the Modular 200-hour Training, six long weekends in Seattle and one week residential retreat at Breitenbush Hotsprings in the mountains of Oregon. The two parts can be taken separately or for personal study.
- 120+ hours of study and practice:
- 50 hours Asana and Pranayama
- 25 hours Anatomy and Physiology
- 30 hours Art of Teaching/Teaching Practice
- 15 hours Philosophy, Chanting & Yogic Lifestyle
- 8 Limbs Teacher Training Manual
- 3-6 hours per week reading and homework
- Unlimited Membership at all 8 Limbs Yoga Centers studios during training: October 1 – March 15.*
* This includes the February 28-day Commitment Program.
- Minimum two years yoga asana practice and 6 months personal practice at start of training
- Attendance of all training gatherings,* which includes the six weekends during Basic Training and the one-week Advanced Training Residential Retreat at Breitenbush Hot Springs.
- Completion of required reading list and homework
- Attendance at one asana class per week with a Teacher Training instructor (exceptions will be made for out of town participants)
- Passing grade on final exam
- Research Paper on topic of choice
Upon completing all requirements, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. With this they may apply for 200 RYT Certification through The Yoga Alliance.
Teacher training Dates:
- October 15 – 18, 2015
- November 12 – 15, 2015
- December 3 – 6, 2015
- January 7 – 10, 2016
- February 4 – 7, 2016
- March 3 – 6, 2016
- Thursday: 7:15 – 9:00pm (Capitol Hill)
- Friday: 9:15am – 4:30pm (Phinney Ridge)
- Saturday: 12:15-6:30pm (Wedgwood)
- Sunday: 9:30am – 4:30pm (Capitol Hill)
- Anne Phyfe Palmer, E-RYT 500, RPYT, 8 Limbs Owner & Education Director, Teacher Training Co-Director
- Melina Meza, E-RYT 500, Teacher Training Co-Director
- Chiara Guerrieri, E-RYT 500
- Jenny Hayo, Instructor, E-RYT 500
Program Tuition: $2,990-$4,500