- This event has passed.
8 Limbs Yoga Mentorship Program (Ongoing)
Jan 1, 2019| $380
Mentoring reflects the traditional Yoga model of a strong student/teacher relationship.The 8 Limbs Yoga Teacher Training Program now offers a continuing education Mentorship Program in an effort to bring valuable classroom experience and one on one feedback to emerging teachers. This relationship offers individualized support and guidance from an 8 Limbs Senior Teacher to help the up and coming teacher gain confidence and skill with their teaching. The Mentorship Program is open to anyone who is currently enrolled in or has completed any Yoga Alliance-approved 200-hour Teacher Training Program. Enrolled students will work with an 8 Limbs Yoga Centers Senior instructor to complete observation hours, assisting, develop asana sequences and themes to review and receive a private to discuss future goals.
Mentorship Program Includes:
- Assisting in 5 consecutive classes with an 8 Limbs Yoga Centers Senior Instructor focusing on alignment, prop support, adjustments, and class room etiquette
- Support in developing asana sequences and class themes
- Design and submit 4 original asana sequences
- Private session from Mentor to offer direct feedback with individual assessment of emerging teacher’s goals
- Alex Baker, E-RYT 200 – (Therapeutic, Ayurveda, Modifications, Philosophy)
- Jonna Duvernoy, E-RYT 200 -(Restorative, Therapeutic, Asana Modifications)
- Kate Bradfield, RYT 200
- Sally Carley, E-RYT 200 – (Supporting Individual Body Awareness, Yoga Philosophy as Support for Challenging Times, Issues of Aging)
- MJ Daniels, 200 RYT (Bhakti, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Thai Yoga)
- Andreas Fetz, RYT 200 – (Supportive Challenging Vinyasa)
- Karen Gamble, E-RYT 500 – (Flow, Yin, Mindfulness)
- Chiara Guerreiri E-RYT 500 – (Anatomy, Communication, Working with Injuries)
- Tami Hafzalla, E-RYT 500 – (Ayurveda, Adjustments, Sequencing)
- Tracy Hodgeman, E-RYT 200 – (Therapeutic Asana, Anatomy/Alignment, Nidra)
- Douglas Ridings, E-RYT 200 – (Individual Customization, Creative Sequencing)
- Megan Sloan, E-RYT 500, RPYS – (All Levels Asana, Pre/Postnatal Yoga, Chakras, Gentle/Restorative)
- Terilyn Wyre, RYT 200 – (Mindful, Bhakti- Infused)
Please submit copies of both the following questions and your answers along with your name, address, telephone number, email, the name of the Mentor you hope to work with and a current photo/headshot to: email@example.com
Printed copy of application to:
8 Limbs Yoga Centers
Attn: Mentorship Program
500 E. Pike St., Seattle, WA 98122
A $45 application fee is due with your application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications are strictly confidential and will be read and shared only by Teacher Training Staff Members. Application Fee is waived for all 500-hour Enrollees.
Questions? Contact Melina Meza, ERYT-500 for further information.
8 Limbs Yoga Seattle, Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Mentorship Program Seattle, Yoga Training Seattle