- This event has passed.
8 Week Introduction To Iyengar Yoga with Richard Schachtel
Jun 22, 2017| $80 – $144
Join Richard Schachtel for a 8 week Course on The fundamentals of yoga posture practice starting Thursday June 22 at Center for Yoga of Seattle.
Students will learn the basic standing poses which prepare students for forward extensions, rotational poses, backward extensions, and inversions.
The Hallmarks of learning Iyengar Yoga are:
- The emphasis on creating good, safe alignment in every pose
- The use of everyday props to give stability, prevent overstretching, and allow the student to do poses with better alignment.
- Intelligent sequencing which properly prepares students for more advanced and intricate practices without fear of injury.
- Responsive teachers who can give alternative poses to those who need them.
- The course is regularly $144 and is on special for $80.
- See if this promotion is still running.
About the Teacher: Richard Schachtel
Richard Schachtel has been training in Iyengar Yoga for over 40 years. He founded The Center For Yoga in 1980 and is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher and an authorized Iyengar Yoga Teacher Trainer. He has made 22 yoga study trips to India to personally train with the Iyengar Family most recently in December 2016. Richard is the Seattle Area’s most Senior Iyengar Yoga Teacher. Richard has been training teachers in Seattle since 1986 and has influenced several generations of yoga teachers. There are over 100 recent graduates of this program which is offered also on the weekends, and in 4 week immersions. Richard has taught yoga workshops throughout the USA, at several Iyenger Yoga National Conventions, in Australia and India, and taught this spring in China.