- This event has passed.
Advanced yoga study program at Be Luminous Yoga
Oct 4, 2014| $1,574
Why this training?
While many of us start yoga for its awesome physical benefits, at some point we want more than just the basics of classes. We want to understand the anatomy behind what we are doing. We want to to master handstand. We want to know what poses are good for energizing or managing stress and anxiety. At some point, we also know that yoga is changing us – making us kinder, happier, less reactionary. So, what’s all that about? What’s going on on my yoga mat that’s making me a better person elsewhere? We’ll explore all of this and more in this powerful, hands-on 2 month immersion. Plan to participate fully. The program offers the opportunity not only expand your yoga practice, but engage in personal exploration to leave you with real, practical tools to enliven your whole life.
Who is this program for?
The program is perfect for those who love yoga and want to learn more about the full package of yoga, from asana, to a taste of Sanskrit, to a touch of Ayurveda and a study of the 8 limbs. The course is built for yoga practitioners interested a immersion outside of a teacher training environment, and current teachers seeking ongoing training.
What we will cover?
- Refine your daily asana practice & explore advanced asanas
- Learn basic anatomy for yoga postures
- Enjoy long, inspiring and deepening yoga practices of discovery
- Design a home sequence
- Explore three different meditation techniques
- Learn your personalized Primordial Sound Mantra (Chopra Center)
- Learn various techniques and their applications
- Integrate pranayama into a daily practice
Yoga Philosophy +:
- Dive into the traditional teachings of yoga and apply them in your life
- From October 4th to December 7th
- 4 long Saturdays or Sundays in October and November (see brochure under Learn More below)
- 4 Tuesday night online Discussions
- Weekend Retreat: Islandwood – Bainbridge Island, WA
Core Program Faculty:
- Michel Eubank Spruance
- Nicole Tsong
- Tina Templeman
- Guest Teachers
- $1,199 – covers course materials and activities
- $375 – covers direct retreat center sots, including meals, room, and taxes
Sign-Up Deadline: September 22, 2014. No refunds will be given after September 22, 2014. If you are interested in this program after this date, please contact the Be Luminous front desk at 206-682-9642 to see if any space is available. This program will run again in the fall of 2016.
Be Luminous Yoga Seattle, Michel Eubank Spruance, Michel Spruance, Nicole Tsong, Seattle Yoga, Tina Templeman, Yoga Seattle, Yoga Teacher Training