- This event has passed.
Alchemy of Yoga RYT200 Costa Rica Yoga Teacher Training
Aug 1, 2015| $4150 – $5850
About Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training: 10 Year Old International Acclaimed Yoga School. Experience Matters. Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training is wholeheartedly dedicated to the art of self-discovery through SELF-study. Consider this the ultimate adventure! A Hero’s Journey that will both challenge and encourage you to embrace your potential and awaken your inner power. This training will transform your fears, ignite your passion whereby happiness again becomes your natural alchemy. Upon completion, you will be prepared to design and confidently lead Dynamic Vinyasa, Mindful Vinyasa, Hatha and Restorative classes, all with your own signature style. You’ll also have the skill to adapt to varied fitness and experience levels of your students. You will graduate as a Happiness Ambassador ready to effectively inspire others!
I honestly recommend this training for anyone who enjoys practicing yoga and is interested in personal development and growth. It is an amazing journey you take to know yourself and have a better understanding of who you are. A beautiful, enlightening experience that I would do all over again. It has developed, supported and empowered me in my life. – Dana, lululemon
How does the Alchemy of Yoga work?
It transforms us on three levels: Physical Alchemy, Spiritual Alchemy, and Mental Alchemy. For us as Alchemist Yogis our laboratory is our mat and the ingredients are our bodies, poses, breath, thoughts and the mixing it all together changes your life. You are transformed into a Peace Leader, leading a Happiness Revolution and changing the world!
Recognized by Yoga Alliance as a Registered 200-hour Yoga school, Alchemy of Yoga is wholeheartedly dedicated to the art of self-study. Silvia, an Experienced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) with over 11,000 hours of teaching experience, will serve as your compassionate mentor. More than simply mastering some yoga poses (though you will accomplish this), you will become more self-aware and self-confident in your sva-dharma through this dedication to svadahaya, self-study. This is the part where you find out who you are and what your purpose is in this world and how to Live Your Yoga.
- Immersion for serious students looking to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga asana, meditation, philosophy and spirit but don’t know if they want to teach yoga.
- RYT 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certification program designed for those who are interested in teaching.
Schedule: August 1-22, 2015
- 6:30am-7:30am Yoga
- 7:30am-8:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am-1:30pm Training Session
- 1:30pm-2:30pm Lunch
- 2:30pm-4:30pm Free Time: Beach, Siesta, Surf
- 4:30pm-7:30pm Training Session
- 7:30pm-8:30pm Dinner
- 8:30pm-10pm Training Session (M/W/Fri only, T/TH Free time)
- 10pm OM OUT
- 7:30am-8:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am-1:30pm Training Session
- 1:30pm-2:30pm Lunch
- 2:30pm-5:30pm Free Time: Beach, Siesta, Surf
- 5:30pm-7:30pm Training Session
- 7:30pm-8:30pm Dinner
- 8:30pm-10pm Movie Night (Sat only, Sun Free time)
- 10pm OM OUT
- Eco Cottage Double (Natural Air): $4150
- Eco Cottage Single (Natural Air): $4699
- Nature Suite Double (with AC): $4950
- Nature Suite Single (with AC): $5850
- Mountain View Single (with AC): $5999
- Hermitage Double (hotel like): $4599
- Hermitage Single (hotel like): $4950
- RYT 200 Hour Alchemy of Yoga Training
- 200 Page Training Manual
- On-going mentoring & teacher tools
- Vision Board
- 21 nights accommodation
- 3 healthful, delicious meals per day
- Vegan, gluten-free, and other options available
- Organic juices, Coffees, Herbal blends, Tea
- Delicious, quadruple filtered drinking water
- Beautiful accommodations
- Daily meditation
- Spanish language basics class
- Excursions to Waterfalls and Pacific Ocean Sandy Beaches
- Daily Time for Exploration and Relaxation
- 3 social hours on select evenings
- Yoga mats and all props
- Free wi-fi
- A special eco friendly goodie bag with loving gifts
- Bonfire rituals with the Moon cycles
- Costa Rican Taxes (13%)
About Costa Rica:
Recently named the Happiest country in the world! This is a land of Pura Vida where Ecological Integrity really matters. The easy vibe and friendly locals welcome you like you were family.
About Blue Spirit Retreat Center: Blue Spirit has been described by Trip Advisor as “Peaceful Luxury at it’s best”. It is perched on a hilltop overlooking the Pacific Ocean and is the perfect place to experience your teacher training. When you’re not in training, you can relax at the salt-water infinity pool, indulge in a spa treatment, or you’re just a short walk away from a stunning, 3-mile long, sandy white beach.
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com and include: name, emergency contact, address, city/state, zip, day/night phone, cell phone, and email address.
Please tell me about your yoga practice?
- How long have you been taking yoga classes and/or practicing?
- Who have been your most influential teachers and why?
- List any trainings, intensives or retreats attended and why?
- What style(s) of yoga do you practice?
- How often and how long do you practice?
Why do you want to take this program?
- Why do you want to be a certified yoga teacher?
- What are your expectations for the training? What do you hope to gain, learn, or improve?
- If you plan on teaching after completing the program, why do you want to teach yoga?
What does yoga mean to You?
- Describe how your life has been impacted by practicing yoga.
- Tell us about your hobbies, interests, community service, etc.
- Describe your physical health (major illnesses, surgeries, physical conditions).
- Tell us about your emotional and mental health.
- Do you have a support network of friends or therapist?
- Does your family support this journey you’ve decided to take?
- This program requires a significant time commitment. Do you have any other major commitments (grad school, 2 jobs, etc) that would prevent you from participating fully
WHY THIS TRAINING CHANGES YOUR LIFE!
Something magical and mystical happens when a group of high-intentioned individuals make the decision to gather together for 200 hours with the purpose of uplifting their lives & expanding their consciousness into radical authenticity. The result is something beyond words. It is, as best as I can explain it, the Alchemy of Yoga at its best. Chapter 2 verse 1 of the Yoga Sutras sets forth how the Alchemy of Yoga actually works. “Tapas svadhyaya ishvara pranidhana kriya yoga.” Translated to mean that yoga helps us transform ourselves on three levels:
- Physical Alchemy – Tapas helps us ignite the changes we want to make in our lives. It is about the getting fired up and passionate. Literally it means heating the body through moving and breathing in the vinyasa
- Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya. While we are following the discipline of tapas and engaging in physical practice to help move our stuck energy we are watching ourselves. In yoga we study the self to learn about the self. Here the mental alchemy is through self-observation. We witness what is going on in our thoughts, what are we thinking.
- Spiritual Alchemy – ishvara pranidahana. As we are doing and watching we let go of the ego of judgment. We move beyond wanting life to be different and begin to feel the surrender that allows what is being offered to mix together. We practice ishvara pranidhana as we trust the universal intelligence that hugs us from all directions to know what it’s doing. And once we find this trust we begin to believe that beauty and goodness are within us flowing nonstop and there is no reason to stop this flow for its natural current is to align with the current of grace that is everywhere outssde us. Beauty becomes our way of life. Happiness becomes our natural alchemy.
You see when you get together in a Teacher Training Tribe (aka Alchemy of Yoga) we are all like the Alchemist in his/her laboratory mixing ingredients. For us as yogis our laboratory is our mat and the ingredients are our bodies, our poses, our breath, our thoughts and the mixing it all together creates a different result every time. A Teacher Training Program changes your life. You wake up to the power you have to go into the laboratory of your life experience and mix the potions you want to create your best life going forward!
We believe that the Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training Program sparks the fire of transformation in everyone. Apply today! Namaskaram!
“The art of living an ordinary life in an extraordinary way.” -Tibetan proverb
Silvia Mordini is a teacher of teachers, and a wonderful mentor who compassionately evokes self-inquiry and transformation. Without a doubt, Silvia’s friendship and mentorship have helped to shape my path to service, adventure, and stepping outwards of my bounds and into a world wide open. – Hannah
Silvia- I wanted to teach yoga because I have personally experienced the power it has to change lives. I so deeply wanted to share this magic with people – especially students my age who I saw struggling and fighting with life instead of living it. I am endlessly grateful to Silvia for teaching by example to live life with love for others, and more importantly with big love for yourself. One of the most beautiful parts about this teacher training for me was that the more I learned, the more I realized this is just the beginning of an even greater journey. Silvia has provided me the inspiration to continue flowing through my own evolution. I can truly say with my whole loving and honest heart, that embarking on this “self-study” has been the best decision I have ever made.” — Alysha
Silvia- I entered teacher training just hoping to deepen my practice but the reality is I graduated as a whole new me. This was an adventure that pushed, challenged and encouraged me to grow. In a matter of months I became more self-aware and self-confident than any time in my life. I wasn’t surrounded by a group of students that wanted to perfect their asanas. I joined a Kula (a community of the heart), an extended family that offered unconditional support and inspiration. I am grateful to Silvia Mordini for the professional, organized and extremely informative yoga training, but I am eternally indebted to Silvia for creating a safe space for growth and helping open my eyes to my potential!” -Casey
Silvia- You are such a wonderful person and a gifted teacher! I am truly blessed to have found you and am honored to be one of your students. I look forward to continuing my teaching and inspiring others as you have inspired me. Thank You for everything! — Maryann
Silvia- I honestly recommend this training for anyone who enjoys practicing yoga and is interested in personal development and growth. It is an amazing journey you take to know yourself and have a better understanding of who you are. A beautiful, enlightening experience that I would do all over again. It has developed, supported and empowered me in my life. – Dana, lululemon
Silvia- You are a gifted teacher, philosopher and it is truly a blessing to learn from you. With love and gratitude, Nancy
Silvia- I am so grateful for your love, light & inspiration. Thank you for being you & for instilling such grace & virtue in all that you do! – Katy
Silvia- One of the best things I have ever done for myself was take the Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training. It was life changing in many ways. Not only did I get incredible teaching from one of the best yoga instructors in the industry but I also became a part of a wonderful kula that was also so much a part of my growth and learning. If you have the chance to train with Silvia Mordinin, you will be amazed – she is the best of the best. I’m blown away every time I take one of her classes and to be able to take her training was amazing. Taking this training is something I am very grateful for and proud of. If you have the chance – take it! -Sue
Silvia- I took Silvia’s Teacher Training and highly recommend this experience for anyone seeking this certification. Silvia is a consummate professional with a multitude of talents as a trainer, but more than that she exemplifies everything that a true yogi should be: caring and compassionate with her students, living and breathing the yoga sutras both on and off the mat. As a certified personal trainer with my own business I also appreciate her organizational skills. In fact, I often think, “How does she do this all and do it so well?!” The answer is clear, she loves yoga and she loves to teach it to everyone from the new teachers she mentors to the students in every class. I wholeheartedly recommend this program to everyone with a passion and dedication for yoga that is willing to invest their time, heart and talent to the practice. Many blessings for the future! -Jackie
Silvia- I am impressed on how hard you try to meet everyone’s schedule, it can’t be easy. Thanks to your dedication and assurance I can flow through yoga poses, I am now actually playing with yoga more and listening to what my body inspires me to do instead of trying to do yoga like everyone else. Yoga has become so much more an enriching experience for me rather than a physical struggle. So many thanks, I am very grateful for all the help you have given me. – Anonymous
Silvia- Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training provided me with the skills to sit confidently and authentically in the seat of the teacher. I came away with the ability to look deep inside myself to really know who I am and what I want to shine out to the world. All this and I developed friendships with the most amazing and inspiring women who warm my heart and nurture my soul. – Nancy
Silvia- You have made a difference in my life. Your smile is very therapeutic. – Susi
Silvia- I enjoyed the training and learning many things, one thing I am very happy about, especially how to incorporate more yoga into my everyday life! Thanks! – Cheryl
Silvia- Thank you for caring about the quality of our teacher training program. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself. Thank you for teaching from your heart and thank you for making a difference in my life. – Sue
Silvia- The way of life and love that I studied at Total Body Yoga, under the brilliant and inspiring tutelage of the TBY staff helped my physical practice grow by leaps and bounds (and headstands and arm balances). But the real treasure I unearthed is the philosophy, teaching methodology, meditation, pranayama, and my own and other’s inner divine. I would recommend the teacher training program at TBY to anyone who wants to teach or deeply delve into the rewarding practice of yoga. Thank you for everything. – Brian
Silvia- I want to thank you for the amazing experience of attending your teacher training program. I will remember this as one of the most rewarding times in my life and look forward to the rewards I will see in the future because of your program. Thank you for all that you do for us to help us succeed, it really means the world to me. Peace and Love – Jennifer
Silvia – I’m very excited to be a part of this training program and I feel very blessed and lucky!! I’m so happy to be on this journey especially with everyone in class. I think we have a great group of people and everyone feels comfortable. Thank you for accepting me and letting me be a part of this program! – Kelly