- This event has passed.
Awakening the spine: the art of twisting & bending backwards
Nov 8, 2014 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm| $40
You’re only as old as your spine! According to yoga tradition, the vital energy of the body is housed in and protected by the spine. In this workshop, you will learn major alignment principles of twists and backbends, and set yourself on the path to developing strength and flexibility of your spine. Open to all levels.
“Backbends are rejuvenating. They give energy and courage and combat depression. They open the chest and make the spine flexible. The arms and shoulders become strong. The mind and body become alert.” ~ Iyengar
- Revolved Chair (Parivrtta Utkatasana)
- Revolved Crescent Lunge (Parivrtta Anjaneyasana)
- Revolved Half Moon (Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana)
- Seated Twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
- Cobra (Bhujangasana) and variations
- Upward Facing Dog (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana)
- Locust (Salabhasana)
- Bridge (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Wheel (Urdhva Dhanurasana)
- Camel (Ustrasana)
- King Pigeon (Kapotasana)
- Dancer’s (Natarajasana )
- Wild Thing (Camatkarasana)
- Anahatasana and variations
- Fish (Matsyasana)
This workshop is led by experienced yoga teacher, Carina Terra, and It will take place at Spira Power Yoga studio in West Seattle. The cost of the workshop is $40 but if you prepay, it is only $35.