- This event has passed.
Bellevue College 200+ hour Yoga Instructor Certification Program
Sep 15, 2019| $1614
Bellevue College is the premier, Yoga Alliance Approved, Instructor Certificate Program in the Northwest! With a strong anatomical kinesiology foundation, Wellness Coaching, and Yoga Instructor Techniques, students learn the art and science of yoga instruction. The Yoga Instructor Certification Program at Bellevue College is designed to prepare students to teach Yoga in a wide variety of settings and to become a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher through the Yoga Alliance approved teaching standards curriculum.
This Yoga certification is a credential sought by many fitness and wellness employers. The cohort program begins September 15, 2019 and ends March 25, 2020.
Upon graduation, program graduates will:
- Develop a deeper understanding and applied methods for the Yoga Alliance teacher standards.
- Cultivate experience and expertise for a health career with the Bellevue College Yoga Instructor Certificate.
- Identify ethical and professional standards for yoga and wellness.
- Demonstrate ability to manage, sequence and teach yoga classes with established safety parameters for foundational postures and modifications for injuries.
- Analyze and reflect on yoga within a wellness plan for individual students including coaching, mind/body connection and professional standards.
- Identify traditional paths of yoga and become more familiar with yoga philosophy.
- The Yoga Instructor Certification Program consists of 15 credits. For current tuition rates please visit the Bellevue College Tuition website.
- Schedules are typically evenings and weekends.
- Our program is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) approved by the Yoga Alliance.
- More information as well as application and registration details can be found on our website.
- Bellevue College does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or veteran status in educational programs and activities which it operates. Please see policy 4150.
About the teacher: Rai Lowe
Rai has been teaching yoga since 2001. She embodies to the best of her ability the truth of what she teaches – exploring and creating balance in whatever way yoga or life presents itself. She teaches all levels of classes including Vinyasa, Gentle, Yin, Introduction to Yoga, Prenatal/Postnatal, Partner, Family & Kid Yoga. She leads workshops, retreats and teaches Prenatal Yoga Teacher Trainings for 200 hour RYS. She is the Lead Teacher for the Bellevue College 200 hour RYS. All levels of students are invited to be curious and enjoy discovering varied options (by modifying or challenging) in their practice. Off the mat, she enjoys rollerblading, rock climbing, cycling, a little baton twirling and being a Girl Scout.