- This event has passed.
Bringing Ayurvedic Principles into the Yoga Class at Seattle Yoga Arts
Jul 15, 2017| $165
This training model is designed for yoga teachers, recent TT graduates and anyone who is interested in learning more about how the healing properties of an Ayurvedic lifestyle can support your health and evolution on and off the yoga mat.
We’ll begin with an introduction to the historical and philosophical context of Ayurveda as a sister science to yoga. We’ll then dive into the foundational principles of this simple, profound and applicable science, exploring how it may be woven into your yoga teaching and practice to support a life of vibrant health, a deep connection to Nature’s rhythms and living your dharma.
The weekend will consist of lecture, discussion, practice, self-inquiry and time to explore how to create and weave an Ayurvedic theme into a yoga class.
Participants will leave with the following:
- A basic understanding of the energy science of Ayurveda and how to bring that into your teaching to enliven your classes and take your students to a new level of relationship with their bodies and their wellness.
- A deeper understanding of your own prakriti (personal constitution) which can help you grow your unique perspective and presence as a teacher.
- How to theme a class based on an Ayurvedic principle.
- A deep hunger to learn more about Ayurveda!
- Saturday, July 15, 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Sunday, July 16, 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
This workshop is open to anyone, and is part of our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training program. If you are taking this workshop toward your advanced teaching certification, please register for the 300-hour program online in advance.