- This event has passed.
Business Empowerment – Skills to Thrive as a Teacher
May 4, 2022
In our course we’ll cover the following:
- Business Foundation Essentials
- Steps to discover your niche
- Marketing your business, classes, workshops and retreats – how to make your offerings stand out on social media
- Building powerful presentations with PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Developing workshops and retreats
- Conscious bookkeeping and bookkeeping flow
- Branding ideas
- Business of yoga class to explore the many ways to make a living as a teacher and how to set up realistic goals
- Conversations in ethics for teachers to understand the value of boundaries, policy and personal practice
- Best practices for running your own classes in person or on Zoom
- How to grow and retain your audience
ALL classes are recorded and available in Teachable through July 1, 2022.
Schedule: 5/4/2022 to 5/25/2022
About the instructors: Melina Meza.
Melina Meza is a pioneer in the field of yoga, nutrition, and Ayurvedic Health, sharing her knowledge with yogis around the world for more than 20 years. Melina was the first teacher hired at 8 Limbs in 1996 and was co-director or director of 8 Limbs Yoga Centers for 16 years. She is the creator of Seasonal Vinyasa Yoga, a holistic practice that features lifestyle, diet, and yoga practices tailored to the rhythms of the four seasons to help people stay healthy as they age. Her passion for Nature, the five elements, beauty, and humor forge the foundation of her unique approach to well-being. Melina has self-published the book Seasonal Health and Wellness and a three-book series called The Art of Sequencing, is featured on popular video channels (YogaAnytime, YogaUOnline, and Gaia), co-leads Yoga for Healthy Aging trainings, and previously ran successful yoga retreats before the Covid pandemic.