- This event has passed.
SoundYoga’s Certified 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Mar 9, 2019| $3600
The 500 hour training is a continuation of SoundYoga 250 hour Teacher Training based on the teachings of Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar and is a certified training in the tradition of Krishnamacharya.
- This training fulfills all the requirements for a 500 hour Soundyoga Teacher Certification.
- Only ten applicants are accepted ensuring that you will benefit from our holistic methods and a rich, personal learning environment.
- You will have the personal attention of a mentor throughout the training.
- We will continue to focus on teaching to individuals and include more Yoga Therapy principles.
Course Curriculum for 500-hour Teacher Training
Asana, Course Planning And Teaching Methodologies (90 hours)
- Advanced Asana postures and their application
- Adaptation and Modification
- How to structure an Asana practice to reach a specific goal
- Communication skills
- How to set up a Yoga business
Pranayama (15 hours)
- Planning for different ratios in a practice.
- Bandhas and their practice
Meditation, Mantra And Chanting(25 hours)
- Learning different techniques for Meditation
- Structure of a full Mediation practice
- How to link Mantra-Nyasa-Mudra
- Advanced Vedic Chant
History And Philosophy Of Yoga (35 hours)
- Yoga Sutras – completing chapters 1 and 2
- Model of Yoga for the stages of life
- Yoga vs religion
Anatomy, Physiology, And Ayurveda (10 hours)
- Overview of human systems, Cardio-Vascular, Respiratory, Digestive, Endocrine, Urinary System, Reproductive and Nervous System
- Pathology of common illnesses associated with each of the systems
Teaching Privately 1: (5 Hours)
- Teaching individually to help regain health
- Meditation for individual practice
- 175 hrs Classroom Presentation
- 15 hrs Private Mentoring
- 30 hrs Home Study
- 15 hrs Class Observation
- 15 hrs Supervised Teaching
The 500 hour training includes balance postures and advanced asana. You will continue practicing teaching techniques, longer practices with Pranayama and Meditation. Upon completion, students are eligible for Yoga Alliance 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Registration.
Fees and Charges
Application and registration fee (non refundable) » $100.00
Tuition Fee » $3500.00
TOTAL CHARGES » $3600.00
Included in your cost:
- All weekend sessions
- 10 group classes
- 8 observatios
- 15 hours private mentoring
Several payment plans are available and we accept cash, check, Visa and Mastercard. Your application and registration fee of $100 is separate and nonrefundable. The student agrees to pay the balance of $3500 in 10 consecutive monthly installments of $350.00 per month beginning with the first payment due on first weekend and the last payment due on the final weekend. Each installment is due no later than the 10th of each month. If you choose to pay in full by you will receive a $500.00 discount of the total owed. Other payment arrangements can be adjusted by contract with SoundYoga.