- This event has passed.
Yoga for Chronic Health Conditions with Christy Fisher and Laura Yon
November 9| $1495 – $1595
YOGA FOR CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS – A TRAINING FOR YOGA TEACHERS AND/OR ADVANCED YOGA PRACTITIONERS.
With Certified Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT’s) Christy Fisher and Laura Yon as well as medical professionals in the field. 60 CEU’s available for Yoga Teachers
Learn from two experienced Certified Yoga Therapists who each have over 15 years of experience teaching yoga for chronic health conditions as well as experts in the field. In this immersion we will:
- Approach teaching for chronic health conditions from a holistic perspective, where our goal as yoga practitioners is to nourish and support the body, mind, and spirit.
- Learn simple and powerful tools for working with the emotional aspects of chronic health conditions.
- Explore creative and fulfilling adaptive sequences for diverse abilities using props such as chairs, walls, straps and bolsters.
- Learn how to adapt yoga safely and effectively for people living with Cancer.
- Expand knowledge of chronic neurological conditions including Multiple Sclerosis and Traumatic Brain Injury and how to adapt yoga practice for the diverse needs of these students.
- Learn how to create and guide safe and beneficial yoga practices for common chronic back conditions including Sciatica, disc injuries, and Spondylolisthesis.
- Deepen understanding and experience the powerful benefits of Yoga Nidra.
- Session 1: Friday – Monday, November 9 – 12, 2018
Friday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Veteran’s Day holiday)
- Session 2: Thursday – Sunday, March 14 – 17, 2019
Thursday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
IN ADDITION TO A STAND-ALONE PROGRAM, THIS IMMERSION ALSO SERVES AS MODULE FIVE OF OUR 300-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM!
REGISTRATION (Includes Both Long Weekends:)
- $1,495 if registered and paid in full by November 1, 2018.
- $1,595 on or after November 2, 2018.
About the Instructors:
Christy Fisher: Christy is a 500-Hour certified Kripalu Yoga teacher; Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapy (C-IAYT) and a practitioner of yoga for over 25 years. Christy also holds a long time interest in somatic awareness and has been fortunate to study with some of the most influential teachers in the field including Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Martha Myers, Martha Eddy and Peggy Hackney along with receiving certification from the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies (NYC). She has also studied the Franklin Method of Imagery and True Embodiment with Christa Rypins.
Christy enjoys teaching people of all ages and backgrounds, specializing in adapting practices to meet individual needs. Her approach is gentle yet deep and always includes an emphasis on acceptance and mindfulness. Along with directing Phinney Ridge Yoga, she has taught for the National MS Society Washington State Chapter, Cancer Lifeline, and the Washington State Traumatic Brain Injury Association.
Laura Yon: Laura holds a Master’s Degree in Sports Medicine, is a Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapy (C-IAYT) and an E-RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance. She is also a Licensed Massage Practitioner who has taught throughout the U.S. and internationally since 1992. Laura teaches hatha yoga in the viniyoga tradition and has immense gratitude for the knowledge she received and the time she spent with her teacher, Trish O’Rielly, who passed away in 2001. Laura has also been a student and practitioner of Buddhism for 25 years and integrates mindfulness into all of her teaching.By creating awareness in their bodies, breath, hearts and minds, Laura helps her students extend the effects of their practice well beyond their yoga mats. Combining her knowledge and experience, Laura is uniquely qualified to help people who have had an injury, chronic pain or a chronic illness.
Advanced Yoga Training Seattle, Christy Fisher, Laura Yon, Phinney Ridge Yoga, Yoga for Chronic Health Conditions, Yoga Teacher Training Seattle