- This event has passed.
Creative & Intuitive Sequencing for Yoga Teachers
Dec 7, 2018 @ 1:30 pm| $180
WORKSHOP with Alia Swersky
How do we balance the internal pressure we feel to create an intelligent and progressive yoga class with being authentic to what we want to share with our students? This workshop explores the idea of going inside ourselves and trusting the wisdom of the body to guide our sequencing.
As we consider how to plan a class, we will be invited to connect with ourselves first, as a way to touch into the authenticity of our own practice. We will investigate what feels real and interesting to us in our teaching as a way to manifest the kind of class we want to offer.
We will examine:
- Working from the inside out to see what organically comes out of us when we go into class planning
- Connecting a theme and a sequence
- Developing a sequence based on simple movement patterns
- Mandala sequencing – moving around the mat
- General sequencing principles, such as the arc of a class
You will come away with your own intuitive sequence design as well as two distinct sequences that you can have available to you for creative and authentic class planning.
Friday, December 7, 1:30-5:00p
Saturday, December 8, 1:30-5:00p
$150 Early bird pricing through Dec 2
$180 Full price December 3 & after
Alia Swersky, Seattle Yoga Arts, Workshop