- This event has passed.
Demystifying and Understanding with Carina Terra
Oct 18, 2019| $335
This course will introduce yoga teachers to the teachings of Tantra and demystify the tantric approach to yoga. The following topics will be covered:
- What is Tantra?
- Why Tantra?
- Historical Roots and Development of Tantra
- Schools of Tantra
- Dualism versus Non-Dualism: Comparison of Patanjali’s Yoga and Tantra Yoga
- Key Aspects of the Tantric Worldview
- Tantra Yoga as a Science of Energy Management
- Tantra & Hatha Yoga: The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Seven Stages of Hatha Yoga
- Chakras and Kundalini Yoga
- Agni Sara
- Maha Mudra
- Solar Practices versus Lunar Practices
- Tantric Meditations, Visualizations, Mudras & Mantra
- Friday 10/18/19, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday 10/19/19, 11:30am – 4:00pm
- Sunday 10/20/19, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
About the Teacher: Carina Terra
E-RYT 500, came to yoga after 11 years of studying dance, particularly ballet. She studied yoga therapy at the University of São Paulo, Brazil, with professor Marcos Rojo Rodrigues, a disciple of Swami Kuvalayananda, the great pioneer of yoga therapy and the scientific study of yoga. She has also studied with renowned teachers Ana Forrest, Shiva Rea, Baron Baptiste, JinSung, Tias Little, Amba & Don Stapleton, Sarah Powers, Edward Clark, Andrey Lappa, Colette Crawford, and Troy Lucero. Currently, her primary teachers are Shari Friedrichsen and Rod Stryker.
Carina is a versatile teacher who has an interdisciplinary approach to teaching yoga. She is trained in many different styles from Vinyasa to Hatha to Yin Yoga to Self-Awakening Therapeutics. Carina is a certified Pranassage practitioner by the Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica, and one of only five practitioners in the State of Washington. She is also a certified Prenatal Yoga teacher. Carina owned and managed Terra Yoga in Issaquah for 10 years. She is now focusing her energies on training other teachers, and sharing her passion for yoga with a broader community at select yoga studios in the Seattle area. Carina’s passion for teaching is evident in her interdisciplinary classes. She creates a supportive, nurturing space that encourages students to safely overcome their fears and limitations by practicing mindfulness. Her classes are instructional, insightful, and suitable for people of all levels and abilities.
Carina Terra, Spira Power Yoga, Tantra Yoga