- This event has passed.
East Meets West Fest!
Jul 14, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
East West Book Shop and Ananda Washington invite you to celebrate the best of the East and the West in this meeting of hearts and minds at Bastyr University with Ananda’s Worldwide Spiritual Directors Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi Novak, authors of Touch of Joy, who will give the keynote address. Guest speakers include Imam Jamal Rahman, Rabbi Ted Falcon, Rev. Michael Ingersoll, and author Phillip Goldberg.
Beginning at 2 p.m. there will be free workshops and vendor booths including:
- Farm fresh produce and herbal products
- Handmade crafts
- Yoga and meditation workshpos
- Healing technique workshop
- Education for life: raising happy, healthy and balanced children
- Talks and workshops your guest speakers (see list above)
- Kirtan (chanting)
- Guided nature walking meditation
- Vegetarian dishes offered by the Bastyr Café
- Celebration program Begins at 6 p.m. and includes inspirational talks, music, narrated yoga demonstration and guided meditations led by the guest speakers.
For more details please visit: http://www.anandawashington.org/ewfest
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
No, all ages Welcome!
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Free parking is available onsite at location @ Bastyr University.
About Jyotish and Devi:
Swamis Jyotish and Devi are spiritual teachers and divine friends to thousands of devotees and seekers around the world. They are the spiritual directors of Ananda Worldwide, and disciples of the great Indian Master Paramhansa Yogananda for nearly 50 years. Their lifetime of service and devotion shine with the wisdom of Yogananda and the ancient science of yoga, meditation, and Self-Realization. As Swamis of the Nayaswami order and Kriyacharyas, disseminating the path of Kriya Yoga, they are exceptional public speakers, authors of many books, and travelers throughout India, Europe, and America sharing their experience and insights on the path of Life.
Ananda Institute of Living Yoga, Bastyr University, East West Bookshop, Free Yoga Workshop, Jyotish & Devi, Kirtan Festival