- This event has passed.
Fall Pranayama Series at Aham Yoga in Redmond
Sep 17, 2016 @ 9:15 am - 11:00 am| $20 – $105
WHAT IS PRANAYAMA?
Pranayama, is the science of the yogic breath. Proceeded by asana or the physical practice, pranayama is a means by which one can go deeper into the practice of yoga . An integral part of the 8 limbs of yoga. Helping the practitioner of yoga reach new subtleties of existence, experiencing the benefits of a healthier, more intelligent and sensitive breath.
The classes are led by Arundhati Baitmangalkar. Sharing the wisdom that she has learnt and practised with her teachers. Arundhati is the only one to offer consistent pranayama classes in the greater Seattle area. Come discover various breathing techniques, that are not only challenging but also detailed, explained, corrected and consistent. Leaving you feeling more refreshed, energized, active and peaceful.
BENEFITS OF REGULAR PRANAYAMA PRACTICE:
- Good of people who do a lot of mental work or thinking
- Strengthens the lungs & improves respiratory function
- Increases the oxygen in the body and blood
- Enhances productivity
- Boosts self image and confidence
- Cures depression and uplifts one’s energy
- Important for lactation for pregnant women
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Pranayama requires one to be seated upright for extended durations of time. The best benefits are felt by those who already have a consistent asana (poses) practice. But having said that, we are opening this up to anyone who wants to work on the efficiency of their respiratory system. Afterall, the breath is an integral part of how our mind functions. Open only to adults above the ages of 15.
OPEN TO TEACHERS
Are you a yoga teacher who has only heard of Pranayama but never got to experience it in its entirety? Are you looking to take your practice as well as your students to a deeper level? Then this Introduction to pranayama course will be perfect for you. You will walk away not only feeling refreshed but also gain practical understanding and knowledge of what pranayama is and how to practice as well as share it with others.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR CLASS
- Yoga Mat (studio rental mats are $2).
- Comfortable clothes that allow movement.
- Water bottle and face towel.
- Pre-registration encouraged.
- Classes on an empty stomach. Tea is OK.
HOW TO ENROLL?
- Optimal way: would be to do the entire series.
- Calendar issues: a drop in $20 at the door. Please arrive 10 minutes early to sign up.
- Date: Class starts on September 17th. Saturdays 09:15am to 11am.
- Price: Full series is $105 (6 classes).