Fall Yoga School with Hilary Paris at Be Yoga Burien
September 15| $3777 – $4111
This unique nine week journey will have TWO Paths: Vinyasa and Hot 26/Hot Hatha. The group will start together for the roots of yoga and philosophy, then branch off into separate groups depending on the path they’ve chosen. One path is a deep and transformational guide into the 26 poses (learn mechanics, benefits, and the why as well as how to guide in and out of the pose) The other path is Vinyasa, where you will be able to guide Surya Namaskar (the sun salute) as well as how to teach a one hour long vinyasa class. Upon completion of this training, you will have a great understanding of yoga’s lineage, origination, all yoga styles and philosophy that you could easily expand into teaching other modalities.
In this training you can expect to explore, experience and understand how; yoga alignment, anatomy, the 8 Limb Path, the yoga poses, the subtle/energetic body (chakra system), Ayurveda, and so much more, relate to living, teaching and practicing yoga.
Whether you aspire to teach yoga or not, this Teacher Training will transform you into taking your power, health, well-being and life and molding them into the most fulfilling, purpose driven life you can have.
Becoming a certified yoga teacher will develop your confidence and prepare you to inspire others on their own path to physical and spiritual awakening as an impactful instructor.
What You Will Gain from this Training:
- Be prepared to lead a sixty minute Hot 26 class or Vinyasa class with confidence.
- Be taught the dialogue, understanding of each asana and their physical/ emotional benefits.
- Study the eight limbs of yoga
- Gain an understanding of the subtle/ energetic body. i.e. Chakras, Nadis/ energy channels, Breath and Bhandas
- The practice of Ayurveda, the “Science of Life”
- Learn Anatomy, Alignment & how to Assist
- Learn modifications and how to add onto a pose
- Touch on other disciplines of yoga such as Hatha, Restorative, Yin and Prenatal Yoga
- Learn and practice the basics of meditation/mindfulness and the connection of these within yoga or the divine union
- Dive into the Business of Yoga
- Sanskrit 101
- Learn how to sequence a yoga class, incorporate music into your class and play with themes
- And most important you will find your individual voice and your unique gift as a teacher
WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF YOU?*
- A reading list will be provided and you will be expected to read!
- Written work and 80% or higher on all tests.
- This will be physically demanding and you will be required to take classes as well as observe.
- 90% or more attendance ( if for some reason you cannot attend a weekend we will have a makeup weekend or work in times to try and make up for the missed hours at $75/hour. Additionally if you are late three times you will be asked to leave the training.)
*Note: Completion of this training does NOT guarantee you a teaching position at Be Yoga Burien.*
Date and time: Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm (10 weekends over 9 weeks September 15th – November 19th. Saturdays 12:30-8:30 and Sundays 11:15-7:15 with some Fridays 7 – 9pm. Friday Schedule is given one month prior. Schedule may vary slightly.)
- $55 Application Fee (non-refundable, does not go toward tuition)
- $555 Deposit (non-refundable, DOES go toward tuition)
- $3,777 Early Bird Tuition BEFORE May 31st. $4,111 June 1st or later. Full tuition must be paid by September 10th, 2023.
About the Instructor : Hilary Paris
Hilary has been on the mat since 2006, and has taught since 2007. She has over 1000 hours of training through various schools, both in the U.S. and in India. Hilary has a background in dance, theatre and strength training. Her classes are fun, playful and challenging. She also presents and leads yoga retreats locally and internationally. Hilary’s main goals at BYB to elevate the students’ overall experience, and foster personal and professional development on her staff. She is a mom to two young boys and a double doodle, loves nature and foods from around the globe. Hilary’s motto is “Live outside the box.”
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.