- This event has passed.
Free To Breathe Yoga Challenge at the Seattle Center
Aug 13, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 6:30 pm| $50
Join this one-of-a-kind endurance yoga event! The full afternoon of yoga will be divided into 1-hour segments that will be taught by the skilled staff from our studio sponsors. The style and intensity will vary throughout the day, offering something for all levels of experience. When not on your mat, visit our Wellness Marketplace and sponsored experience areas throughout this serene and private space.
Challenge yourself and your friends in this outdoor, one-of-a-kind team yoga experience! Teams of up to 8 members will be guided through a full afternoon of varied-intensity yoga by some of the best instructors in the area! When not on your mat, treat yourself to a variety of wellness experiences and shop in our Wellness Marketplace. Join us for an afternoon of wellness, community and fun, all to help double lung cancer survival.
ABOUT FREE TO BREATHE:
Free To Breathe is a nonprofit organization based on a partnership of lung cancer survivors, advocates, researchers, healthcare professionals and industry leaders – all united in the belief that every person with lung cancer deserves a cure. Free To Breathe is focused on:
- Funding research with the greatest potential to save lives.
- Increasing the number of lung cancer patients participating in clinical trials.
- Building and empowering the lung cancer community
WHY A FUNDRAISER EVENT FOR LUNG CANCER?
Yoga encourages wellness and caring for the body. Affirmation of life and spirit are intertwined with strengthening the body. With its focus on breath, yoga is the perfect response to lung cancer – a disease that impacts patients’ ability to breathe.
- 12 p.m. Check-in and mat placement begins
- 1 p.m. Welcome comments and fundraising awards
- 1:30 p.m. Yoga practice begins
- 6:30 p.m. Closing celebration
- Registration is $50*/person and includes exclusive blue event yoga tank, bag and entry into the full day experience.
Free to Breathe, Seattle Center Yoga, Summer Yoga Event