- This event has passed.
Free Dive – a plunge into Yoga’s Deep Healing Capacity with Molly Lannon Kenny
Jul 9, 2016 - Jul 10, 2016| $45 – $160
A weekend plunge into yoga’s deep healing capacity with Molly Lannon Kenny – author of “No Gurus Came Knocking”
Join Molly Lannon Kenny, one of Seattle’s most beloved and knowledgeable yoga teachers for this special weekend at the Bainbridge Yoga House. Molly resides in Mexico and will be back in the Emerald City this summer, and is happy to be sharing her passion and expertise with the Seattle yoga community.
This weekend is for all levels of practitioners, as well as for yoga teachers who would like to have a better understanding of yoga as therapy, and therapists who would like to have a better idea of how to incorporate their passion for yoga into their clinical practice.
Sign up for any of the workshops OR all four – this will be an experience that will fill your heart and engage your mind.
Each workshop will be about two hours of discussion and one hour of all levels practice for the opportunity experience what we have studied.
Molly will also share a free book reading and signing with us on Saturday evening, including her beautiful chanting and kirtan.
Dates and Times:
- 7/9 Saturday ( 11:30-2:30 / 3-6 and 7-8 )
- 7/10 Sunday ( 11:30-2:30 / 3-6 )
July 9th, Saturday
- 11:30 – 2:30pm: Using prana vayus to cultivate compassion and forgiveness – all levels
- Prana vayus and the power of forgiveness. The yoga model teaches us that our life force – prana – moves in five specific directions, each supporting a different aspect of our emotions and physiology. Come learn about the five directions of prana, or life force, and how we can cultivate those energies to direct our awareness and our intention.
- 3pm-6pm: Understanding the Koshas and their Relationship to Healing – all levels
- An introduction to the pancha kosha model: our five levels of being and how their understanding can expand our view and change our life. This includes an overview of witness consciousness, developing the capacity for stillness and recognition of our own best inner voice.
- 7pm-8pm: Book reading/signing and Kirtan with Molly – Free
July 10, Sunday
- 11:30pm – 2:30 pm The Kleshas – obstacles to happiness and how to overcome them – all levels
- Patanjali tells us that there are just five obstacles to happiness, which sounds like quite a relief! The trick is in understanding and working with the kleshas, to understanding what stands in the way of our joy, and how this understanding can lead us into a life we love.
- 3pm-6pm: Introduction to Mantra
- Did you know that the word mantra literally means mind tool? Come find out how this super powerful tool, used across all traditions, can create new pathways and powerful healing for anyone. (in small studio or gathering room.
- Entire Weekend: $160 before July 1st / $175 after
- Single Workshop: $45 before July 1st / $50 after
To sign up for one or both days, register here.