- This event has passed.
Free Introduction To Iyengar Yoga with Advance Sign-Up with Richard Schachtel
Aug 24, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm| Free
Iyengar Yoga is one of the most sophisticated methods of yoga yet most accessible. It is one of the most respected methods of yoga available.
This intro class is for those who would like to have some experience of Iyengar Yoga with an experienced teacher.
You will get some feel for what this method of yoga is like and why it may be appealing to you. The room is not heated above normal temperatures.
- Thursday, August 24th, 2017
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Free if you sign up for it on our website clicking on the link and filling out a student profile (no credit card info is needed), and sign the liability form.
- $22 for those who have not pre-registered on our site.
About Iyengar Yoga:
Iyengar yoga is named for the legendary yoga teacher BKS Iyengar, author of many books on yoga including, Light on Yoga, Light on Pranayama, Light on The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and Light on Life. Practiced by over 10 million people worldwide it has influenced how yoga is practiced and taught worldwide.
Some of the Hallmarks of Iyengar Yoga are:
- Attention to detail and precision in how yoga poses are taught and practiced
- Emphasis on Standing Poses to Prepare students for more poses of other categories
- Careful Sequencing so that no injury or imbalance is created
- Uses of Props to make yoga more available, more exacting and more interesting
- Longer stays in the poses for more experienced students
About the Teacher: Richard Schachtel
Richard Schachtel has been training in Iyengar Yoga for over 40 years. He founded The Center For Yoga in 1980 and is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher and an authorized Iyengar Yoga Teacher Trainer. He has made 22 yoga study trips to India to personally train with the Iyengar Family most recently in December 2016. Richard is the Seattle Area’s most Senior Iyengar Yoga Teacher. Richard has been training teachers in Seattle since 1986 and has influenced several generations of yoga teachers. There are over 100 recent graduates of this program which is offered also on the weekends, and in 4 week immersions. Richard has taught yoga workshops throughout the USA, at several Iyenger Yoga National Conventions, in Australia and India, and taught this spring in China.