- This event has passed.
Art of Being: A Fundraiser for Arts & Wellness in Seattle
May 20, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm| $30 – $40
Art of Being is an special event to remind us that life is art. Too often we get stuck on the notion that art is something created outside of ourselves. This is an illusion. Art is being created with each breath, each thought, each movement, each moment of Stillness. Discovering the dynamic art that life is opens us up to spontaneous healing, personal and spiritual cultivation and greater understanding of nature. Then we can know that there are no lines between art, medicine, self and life.
We are all aware there is a lot of suffering felt as our country is going through deep changes. These hard times have brought out inspiring and heart-filling moments as we come together with love, compassion and hope. We have chosen to hold a fundraising event as a means to come together in celebration of these positive moments. We chose to express support to Planned Parenthood and Sanctuary Art Center as a way of reflecting our values of Art & Wellness and support organizations in need.
EVENT SCHEDULE: Saturday, May 20
YOGA CLASSES ($30 each)
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm Slow Flow with Jodi Boone
- 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm Myth and Movement with Terilyn Wyre
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Weaving Light with Jeff Wildenstein
- 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm Inner Sound Yoga Bath with Nicole Bratt & Amber West
PRESENTERS (Free & open to the public; suggested donation $10)
- Ongoing Curtis Yu, Language of Clay, Pottery
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm Gretchen Yanover, Heart & Cello
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm Terilyn Wyre, The Art of Storytelling
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Elizabeth Austen, Poems of Protest and Hope
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm Dr. Anup Mulakaluri, Ayurveda: A Culture of Wellbeing
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Allison Hays, I am Fabulous
- 4:30 -pm 5:00 pm Meg Agnew, Qi Gong: Flow with Energy
- 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm Amelia Love Clearheart, Texture of Soul
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm Michael Tuskan, Power of Art
- 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm Davis Reed, Light & Violin
N.B: $30 for yoga classes, $10 suggested donation for other events. All proceeds will be donated
Amber West, Arts and Wellness Seattle, Jeff Wildenstein, Jodi Boone, Nicole Bratt, Seattle Yoga Arts, Terilyn Wyre, Yoga Fundraiser Seattle