- This event has passed.
Guatemala Yoga Retreat on Lake Atitlan
Nov 11, 2014| $1895
Come celebrate the start of the new Mayan calendar, the Golden Age! The Price includes: 12 night’s hotel, ground transport, classes, some meals, Tikal and Yaxha visit, in-country flight, all yoga and other classes and more OR . . . $1,495 if you wish to skip the trip / flight to Tikal (9 nights rather than 12 nights)
Where is Lake Atitlan , Guatemala and why would I want to go there?
Guatemala, the land of eternal spring, is located on the southern border of Mexico. It is the only country in Central America that still has a largely Indian population, which still holds true to its Mayan culture, religion, costume, and community values.
Lake Atitlan is located in the heart of the Guatemalan highlands. The lake is spectacular, enchanting, and ringed with volcanoes, mountains and Indian villages. Sit and be still, while enjoying the stunning displays of light upon thewater.
Villa Sumaya? located on the shore of Lake Atitlan, is our home for 5 of the 12 nights. It is located just a short boat ride from Panajachel, a good town for shopping. The retreat center sits right on the lake, near the Indian village of Santa Cruz, with few distractions and little noise. Delicious Guatemalan meals are included. Wonderful garden setting for our sunrise and sunset yoga, guided meditations, Onenes Blessings and trainings (see Oneness Link above) and playshops. Also hikes, village visits and other options, with still plenty of time for reading, relaxing, and reflecting. We offer comfortable and clean acomodations, cultural experience, affordable travel, full country tour, gorgeous settings, delicious food, compassionate teachings, sacred ceremony and rituals, and personal service.
This trip is more than a yoga retreat, and will include a tour and cultural introduction to Guatemala and its amazing Mayan Indians. We will also stay 3
nights in Antigua, 1 in the capital, 1 in Tikal, 1 in Yaxha, and 1 in Chichicastenango for the colorful market and ceremony. The Tikal & Yaxha ruins visit includes a flight to and from Guatemala City. This year we are also adding a visit to the amazing ruins of Yaxha, near Tikal!
Come join new friends who are exploring, healing, and growing. This retreat is appropriate for all levels of yoga and meditation experience.
We hope you can join us.
Note: Please contact Roy prior to making air reservations for details.
“I wanted to acknowledge the work that you do in regards to the retreats you lead. Your dedication and commitment is evident from the start, in terms of your planning and attention to detail. From there, the rewards only increase as your efforts in building community and allowing for both self growth and a wider arena of actualization unfold and become fruitful throughout each day’s activities. To remain in integrity during such a process takes courage and a great deal of strength. Thank you for yours. Thank you for your heart, your spirit and your center of being. You truly make a difference.” Jill, Tacoma
Roy Holman has practiced yoga and meditation for 15 years, and taught for 12 years. He teaches a grounded, flowing, meditative Viniyoga-inspired style of yoga, and includes pranayama (breathing) and meditation. He teaches with compassion and joy. He also lived in Guatemala for 3 years doing human rights work until 1995.
What is included in your price: 12 nights, with tikal flight and trip, or $1,495 for 9 nights, no Tikal:
- Ground & Water transport: Van from & back to airport in Guatemala City , and to all other towns we visit. Includes boat trip to / from hotel on lake. RT Flight Tikal in northern Guate.Skanda Yoga Retreat Guatemala
- 12 Nights Hotel (generally double occupancy) 5 nights at Villa Sumaya (and 3 nights in Antigua, 1 at Tikal ruins, 1 Yaxha ruins, 1 in Chichi, etc.). I can match you with others, Note, $700 extra for single room, if available.
- Retreat Meals: 3 daily delicious garden fresh meals at Villa Sumaya for 5 of the 12 nights .B-fast at Tikal. Open to suggestions and special requests and needs.
- Classes: All Yoga, Meditation, Oneness Blessings, & Playshops
- Mayan Shaman ceremony and group blessing: Celebrate a new world age!
- Village Visit: Boat trip to a hike and an Indian village on lake.
- Extra costs / options : Meals while traveling for 7 days (food is quite inexpensive in Guatemala ), souvenir shopping, suggested hotel tip for staff ($35 approx.), other tips, extra activities (other boat trips, massage, etc.).