- This event has passed.
Yoga for Healthy and Meaningful Aging with Christy Fisher
May 18| $895
Module 2 of Phinney Ridge Yoga’s Advanced 300-Hour Yoga Teacher training.
35 Contact Hours over two weekends.
In this immersion, learn from two highly experienced certified yoga therapists who have each worked with older populations for over 15 years.
In this Training You Will:
- Gain knowledge about common conditions of aging including osteoporosis, arthritis and joint replacements and how to create safe and effective practices for bone strength and healthy joints.
- Receive powerful tools of somatic awareness to support memory and balance.
- Explore current research on the benefits of yoga on aging.
- Expand skills to create safe and helpful practices for chronic back conditions.
- Participate in thoughtful discussions around the emotional and spiritual aspects of aging
- May 18, 19, 20 and Jun. 22, 23, 24
About the Instructor: Christy Fisher
Christy is a 500-Hour certified Kripalu Yoga teacher; Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapy (C-IAYT) and a practitioner of yoga for over 25 years. Christy also holds a long time interest in somatic awareness and has been fortunate to study with some of the most influential teachers in the field including Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Martha Myers, Martha Eddy and Peggy Hackney along with receiving certification from the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies (NYC).
Christy enjoys teaching people of all ages and backgrounds, specializing in adapting practices to meet individual needs. Her approach is gentle yet deep and always includes an emphasis on acceptance and mindfulness. Along with directing Phinney Ridge Yoga, she has taught for the National MS Society Washington State Chapter, Cancer Lifeline, and the Washington State Traumatic Brain Injury Association.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Christy Fisher, Healthy Aging Yoga, Meaningful Aging Yoga, Phinney Ridge Yoga, Yoga Seattle, Yoga Teacher Training Seattle