- This event has passed.
Intro to Yoga II 5-Week Series with Beth Award at Seattle Yoga Arts
Oct 30, 2017| $75
So you’ve taken an Intro to Yoga class and now what? This is a 5-week series for those folks who have a basic understanding of yoga and who want a series that will give them time and opportunity to:
- Practice a variety of basic warm ups and Surya Namaskar at a manageable pace
- Investigate what is meant when we talk about “good alignment” in yoga postures
- Cultivate strength and stamina in standing poses
- Learn how to effectively use yoga props to enhance your poses
- Explore other basic standing and seated poses often taught in Essentials classes at SYA
This class is perfect for those who have taken an Intro to Yoga series and want a slower-paced class, as well as anyone who wants to slow their practice way down to focus on the nuances of the poses.
Series class size will be kept to a maximum of 12 students.
Previous yoga experience is required; students must have already taken an Intro to Yoga series. Please have no major injuries for attendance at this series.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes early with an empty-ish stomach and an open mind. Mats and props are provided.
- Mondays, 5:45 pm – 7:00 pm
- October 30 – December 4
- Note that there will be no class on November 13.
About the Teacher: Beth Award
In 1991, Beth took two summer classes: DOS Programming and Yoga. The computer information didn’t stick, but yoga captured her attention from the very first class: she felt taller and quieter (miraculous!). Since 1994, Beth has been a student at Seattle Yoga Arts, and how she evolved to wear a leotard to work is still a bit of a joyful mystery to her. Inspired by Denise and her own “unfolding”, Beth left her corporate job to teach yoga in 2003. She achieved Anusara-Inspired licensing in 2007 and is an E-RYT 200 Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance. Beth offers a warm and compassionate instruction style that stems from her love and enthusiasm for the practice. She continues to be inspired, pulled, and prodded by life in all sorts of directions.