- This event has passed.
Intro to Yoga I Series with Beth Award
January 22 @ 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm| $90
Are you planning to wait until you are “flexible enough” to enter a yoga studio? Do you feel that you need to know a secret handshake, or look a certain way in order to practice yoga? Have you ever wished for a yoga class that would prep you to take yoga classes? Well then, this is the class for you!
For anyone new to hatha yoga interested in learning the fundamentals of a physical yoga practice, this series is a great place to begin. It will provide you with the tools to increase flexibility and strength, release tension, and develop concentration and body awareness. This series is designed to provide an understanding of basic yoga postures and breath practices and will prepare students for the ongoing “Essentials” classes at Seattle Yoga Arts.
This 6-week series will provide:
- The language and basic postures (asanas) of yoga
- An introduction to basic yogic breathing practice (ujjayi breath)
- The foundational sequence of Sun Salutations (surya namaskar)
- An introduction to yoga methods and philosophy
- No previous yoga experience required. Please have no major injuries for attendance at this series.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early with an empty-ish stomach and an open mind. Mats and props are provided.
- Mondays 5:45-7:00 pm
- January 22 – March 5
- Please note: There will be no class on Monday, February 19.
About the Teacher: Beth Award
In 1991, Beth took two summer classes: DOS Programming and Yoga. The computer information didn’t stick, but yoga captured her attention from the very first class: she felt taller and quieter (miraculous!). Since 1994, Beth has been a student at Seattle Yoga Arts, and how she evolved to wear a leotard to work is still a bit of a joyful mystery to her. Inspired by Denise and her own “unfolding”, Beth left her corporate job to teach yoga in 2003. She achieved Anusara-Inspired licensing in 2007 and is an E-RYT 200 Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance. Beth offers a warm and compassionate instruction style that stems from her love and enthusiasm for the practice. She continues to be inspired, pulled, and prodded by life in all sorts of directions.
Beth Award, Seattle Yoga Arts, Yoga Class Seattle, Yoga Event Seattle, Yoga I Intro Seattle, Yoga Seattle