- This event has passed.
40 Days of Introspection – Yoga, Meditation & Nutrition with Dora
January 4| $239 – $339
Want to enrich your Yoga Alliance Training with something out of the ordinary? Now you can take 40 Days of Introspection for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits!
Scroll down to enroll.
An amazing experience with or without yoga!
Those of you who wish not take yoga everyday during this workshop, you can still participate. Now you have the choice to purchase only Friday meetings for $239, that is $34 per session! What an amazing deal for something that has the power to help you reach your New Year resolutions.
- Meetings every Friday night, Jan. 4th – Feb. 15th, 2019
- 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Cost with Yoga included: $339.99 early registration ( till December 1st), $389.99 late registration (costs includes 40 days of unlimited yoga at Spria, weekend meetings and one book that Spira will supply during first meeting) .
- Cost without yoga package: $239.99 early registration (till December 1st), $289.99 late registration. Cost includes the meetings and one book that Spira will supply during first day of meetings. Purchase this if you already have an unlimited membership at Spira or if you choose to practice elsewhere
***Workshops are NOT refundable!
- Lectures and Discussion on Nutrition
- Building good habits for Mindful Eating
- Examinations of our daily routines in actions and thoughts
- Mindful development of fitness, meditation, and life goals
- Reading and discussing books that help us understand what mindfulness is, how our unique individual physiology interacts with nutrition, and why our mind can play tricks on our best decision!
In the ancient texts of yoga, asanas, poses were not the focus. Rather there were thousand of pages written on the art of “Svadhyaya”. Svadhyaya is a Sanskrit term that translates to ‘self-study’. Ancient yogis spent most of their focus on developing techniques on mindfulness, ways to become more present, more authentic and more united with life.
The goal of this course is to connect you to this ancient art of Svadyaya with modern tools.
The greatest lessons of yoga are not on your mat, but in everyday life with family, work and friends. How we live and conduct our life is yoga. We should all live a joyful, loving, thriving experience at work and at home. We all wish to have a healthy relationship with our partners and with our bodies.
Are you living to your full potential?
During this workshop most importantly we will delve into your mind. We will explore meditation practices. With the help from our reading material we will learn and explore how our thinking and emotional brain behaves and maybe gain some understanding into why we do the things that we do. We will also strengthen and tone our body as we will have to do our very best to practice yoga 6 days a week for 40 days. We will focus on cleaning up our eating habits and building more loving awareness to how we eat. By the end of 40 days you will leave with healthier habits and better knowledge of yourself!
YOGA PRACTICE – OPTIONAL: Try to practice yoga 6 days a week. The 7th day is a restorative home practice, optional yoga class, or day of rest. (Cost of membership is included in the price of the workshop. If you already have an unlimited membership at Spira or if you live further away where daily practice at Spira would be not possible, purchase the package with NO YOGA only meetings)
MEDITATION: At home (5-15minutes) or before classes in the mornings and evenings.
WEEKLY MEETINGS: For 7 Fridays 7:30-9:30pm we will get together to listen to lectures from Dora followed by group discussions on topics from the books. We will also learn guided meditation, and goal centering and inner peace building journaling techniques.
- The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt – Spira will supply with the cost of workshop
- The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson – recommended for you to purchase or read from library.
- A few printed material in the form of handouts.
About the Teacher: Dora Gyarmati
Dora Gyarmati BS, BA EYRT is the owner of Spira Power Yoga Studio and a creator of Spira Philosophy and Teaching Methodology (A 200hrs YA school). Her European heritage and education in both the sciences and in the humanities created a unique style which blends Eastern and Western theological, literally and scientific traditions. Spira Power Yoga teaches an athletic, flowing yoga style where laughter and compassion are muscles that are equally emphasized during practice. Outside of regular yoga classes she loves to write articles and teach workshops on introspection blending modern cognitive therapy ideas with theology and literature for the perfect.
Dora Gyarmati, Introspection Seattle, Meditation & Nutrition, Spira Power Yoga, Yoga, Yoga Workshop Seattle