Life Therapy: Healing Power of the Mind with Vahini Sleighter
May 27| $95
Vahini Sleighter, Ananda Yoga teacher presents this four-part workshop which is one of three offered during 2023. Healing with Prana (March), Mind (May-June), and Vibration (October). These workshops may be taken individually and independently. (Yoga teachers please note that Vahini is E-RYT 500, YACEP) and this workshop qualifies therefore for continuing education.)
Healing Power of Mind:
The quality of our life, health, happiness, our creative accomplishments all arise in our minds. As Yogananda says: “As soon as you understand that the mind controls everything, you will be completely free”.
Just as we have a daily food diet, we also have a mental diet that we are often not fully aware of! Thoughts and mental habits arise automatically, apparently by their own will. Even when we are not fully aware of them, they strongly affect our health, favoring or blocking the flow of healing cosmic energy which is always available to us but which we must learn to attract into our lives in a correct and effective way. We must begin, then, with becoming aware and mindful of our thoughts.
Among the topics covered:
- How thoughts and words affect your emotions, your behavior, and your health
- How to evaluate your “mental diet” in order to determine which aspects of it are healthy or harmful
- Powerful techniques for creating constructive mental habits
- How to develop more faculties of the mind: concentration, willpower, and the ability to visualize How to use the conscious mind to restructure subconscious habits and emotions
The Life Therapy exercises you will practice include those from the March workshop:
- Energy recharge: it includes 39 exercises that will bring prana directly to cells, muscles, tissues, and organs. Mindfulness requires a higher level of energy, especially in the brain.
- Exercises for a superconscious life: a series of 6 simple exercises that elevate our mental perspective and activate greater awareness. These are “quick start” techniques to banish subconscious programming and stimulate mental awakening.
- Pranic techniques for self-healing include using the breath to awaken energy and direct it into the brain and upper energy centers. Also included will be affirmations, visualization and mantra.
- Meditation techniques that concentrate the powers of the mind and calm emotional disturbances. We will focus on an effective concentration technique that brings peace and self-awareness. It is used with a powerful mantra.
Date and Time: 4 Saturdays, May 27, June 3, 10, 17 at 10:30a to 2:15p (45 min lunch break)
Cost: $95 (Circle of Giving applies)
About the instructor: Vahini Sleighter
Vahini (E-RYT 500, YACEP) is a disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda and has lived in several of the Ananda international communities since 2008. She is a talented and dedicated yoga teacher with a wealth of expertise and experience.
Vahini loves to travel and be in contact with multiple cultures and countries. She has been a yoga teacher training staff since 2016 in Italy, California, and Bali; and taught hatha yoga classes and meditation since 2010. Her passion is to deepen and share her understanding of the natural power that each one has for self-healing (on all levels). Vahini has a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, and she speaks Italian and English.
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.