- This event has passed.
Living Yoga: A Year of Deepening & Awakening with Ellen Boyle
Jan 17, 2019| $1,200
Have you ever wondered how to prolong the effects of your yoga practice and bring the more relaxed, centered and alive person you are at the end of a yoga class into your daily life? Living Yoga is a course designed to help you do just that. Led by Ellen Boyle, MFA, E-RYT 500 / YACEP, Certified Ayurveda Wellness Counselor, and Professor at Cornish College, you’ll follow the path to:
- Vitality – Nourish and grow your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual resilience
- Empowerment – Awaken a deeper understanding of your unique physical and mental constitutions through the wisdom of Ayurveda, the 5,000 year old natural medicine of India, in order to live a more balanced, informed, healthy, connected and vibrant life
- Ease – Instill within you a lasting and profound reduction in your stress as a result of shifting your relationship to the stressors in your life through meditation and mindful living practices
- Clarity – Awaken an authentic connection to your dharma (your life’s purpose)
- Living Your Dharma – Design your day to support your highest goals and aspirations
- Support – Surround yourself with a committed group of like-minded seekers
THIS YEAR-LONG COURSE IS FOR EVERYONE!
Whether you’re a seasoned yoga practitioner who wants to expand your knowledge and experience of these ancient practices, or you’re new to yoga and want to explore the full spectrum of this beautiful new world, this class will help you to:
- Make your wellness and health a priority in your life.
- Deepen your yoga practice and live a more vibrant, heart-centered and awakened life.
- Learn how to slow down and relax.
- Become a cause in your life rather than an effect of it.
- Deepen and/or develop a more consistent meditation practice.
- Live from what is most important to you.
Attention Yoga Teachers: Take your practice and your teaching to a new level informed by Mindfulness and Ayurveda while earning Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Course meets bi-monthly January–December 2018*
– One Thursday/month, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
– One Saturday/month, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
*Additionally, participants will be required to take one yoga class per week (at any studio), which can be applied toward Non-Contact Hours (for 300-Hour Teacher Training enrollees). Participants can anticipate 1-2 hours of study time per week.
- Thursdays, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturdays, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Educational Categories (for 300-hr TT candidates):
- Contact Hours:
– 24 hours: Teaching, Training, Practice
– 24 hours: Anatomy and Physiology
– 18 hours: Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, Ethics
- Non-contact Hours:
– 30 hours (to be earned through weekly yoga classes)
- $100 deposit required to hold your spot.
- Payment plan available: $100/month auto-pay installments throughout the 12-month course. (If you wish to opt in to the payment plan, please choose and pay the $100 Deposit upon registration check out; instructions will then be provided during your first class to sign up for the payment plan.)
Participants will need to purchase four (4) required books; book list will be emailed to registrants prior to the course start.
About the Teacher:
Ellen Boyle, MFA, E-RYT 500, has been delving into the practices and teachings of yoga for over 30 years. A professional teaching-artist she is currently a Professor at Cornish College of the Arts where she teaches Physical Technique in the theater department and yoga to all departments. She is also a founding member of Operating Theater Company which opens its rehearsals and process to the student actors at Cornish integrating professional practices into the academic setting. She has been blessed on her yogic journey to study with many wonderful teachers, including Gary Kraftsow, Robin Rothenberg, Kathleen Hunt, Denise Benetiz, Sonya Nelson and Martin Kirk. In 2015, to deepen her understanding of the sister sciences of yoga, she completed a 500 hour Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor Certification with Kerala Ayurveda Academy and is available for yoga therapy and private wellness counseling using the tools of Ayurveda. Ellen integrates the practice of mindfulness into her classes to calm the mind and allow a deep and direct experience of the present moment. With a deep bow of gratitude for the many gifts yoga continues to bring to her experience of life, Ellen offers her teaching from a place of compassion and playfulness desiring that all beings everywhere be happy and free.
Ellen Boyle, Living Yoga, Seattle Yoga Arts, Yoga Workshop Seattle