- This event has passed.
Machu Picchu Yoga Retreat in Peru
Apr 1, 2018| $2,195
Join Roy Holman & Liz Gross for this 10-days retreat combining yoga, meditation and hiking taking place in Machu Picchu, Peru. The retreat takes place from April 01-11, 2018.
Yoga, Hiking, Meditation and Sacred Ceremony
We have been researching the Sacred Valley of Peru for several years, and suddenly it all fell together. We wanted to find the perfect place to stay, and we found it in Sach’ay Munay. We wanted to plug in with genuine and compassionate guides, and we found them! We wanted sacred ceremonies held by authentic spiritual leaders, and we found them! And we wanted to to do all this at an affordable price, less than other trips to the Sacred Valley, and we did it!
Retreat Theme: Learning from the Ancients, and Being the Change
As we passed 2012 and accelerated the shift on Earth, many indigenous wisdom keepers have been called forth to share their wisdom with the West, as the consciousness enabled us to finally listen. At the same time, with all the changes currently going on, the old rules may not apply, so we have to be prepared to create something entirely new, a whole new Earth paradigm. On this retreat, we will learn from Peruvian wisdom keepers, in word and ceremony. At the same time we will explore our role in co-creating a whole new Earth paradigm. And we will have a lot of fun doing it!
Why Peru, Machu Pichu and the Sacred Valley?
Machu Pichu lies at the far end of the Sacred Valley. This sacred Incan site is the most visited ancient ruins in the hemisphere. Machu Pichu is like a magnet, attracting mystics, yogis and adventurist from all over the world. This 15th century sacred site was kept hidden from the invading Spaniards, only discovered by the West in the early 20th century.
But the Sacred Valley is so much more than Machu Pichu. What awaits us are amazing villages, temples, ruins, waterfalls, hikes, ceremony along the Urumbamba River and surrounded by majestic mountains. We will visit during the shoulder season, just after the rainy season, still lush and green, but before the biggest crowds of June, July and August
Accommodations and Meals
Our home for 8 of the 10 nights is Sach’ay Munay, which translates as “Love from the Heart”. Sach’ay Munay is the perfect place for our visit to the Sacred Valley. It is within range of all the amazing villages, hikes and Machu Pichu itself. It has amazing chefs and food, fresh from the organic garden. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The yoga space is sacred and comfortable. And the staff works with love from the heart.
Package Price includes:
Note: Machu Pichu and the Sacred Valley are now very costly. Our prices are lower than most tours, without sacrificing quality.
- 10 nights accommodation: 8 nights in the Sacred Valley at Sach’a Munay, 1 night in Ollantaytambo, 1 night Aguas Calientes
- All Yoga, meditation and various other classes, workshops
- Retreat Leaders Roy & Liz and local guides
- Domestic transportation (Vans, taxis, buses)
- Train ride to/from Aguas Calientes
- Machu Picchu entrance fee and tour
- Airport transfers from/to Cusco airport
- Entrance tickets to various Sacred Valley sites
- Andean wisdom keeper blessings and ceremonies
- Guided trip to Pisac, Moray, Quincacocha with sacred ceremonies
- All meals except for two lunches and two dinners
Not included / Extra costs and options:
- Airfare to and from Lima / Cuzco
- Meals: after leaving Sach’a Munay (Days 9 – 11)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities to guides (maybe 75 total)
- Extra night(s) in Cuzco ($50 per person average)
- Extra activity options:
- Cocoa Readings ($20)
- Coaching sessions with Liz or Roy (various pricing)
- Sweat Lodge ceremony
- Plan to arrive in the Sacred Valley or Peru, at the retreat center Sach’a Munay, April 1. Details later.
- We fly into Lima, but, rather than stay there, just continue to Cuzco. In other words, we look for flights to Cuzco, with a stop in Lima just briefly (hopefully). More on this later.
- I will be checking to get an idea of flight prices, but since it is so far out, I probably won’t get a ton of info, just a ball park. I did a quick check for January 2018 (the earliest they allow right now) and saw some around $1,000 (out of Vancouver slightly cheaper; we often fly out of there).
- It is usually not worth it to buy tickets together, as the group discount is minimal and restrictive, unless things have changed. I’ll check.
- Our hosts suggest not staying the first night in Cuzco, as the altitude is too high, a bit of a shock, so our first night will probably be at the retreat center, 1,500 feet lower, in the valley:
- There will be an option to stay longer than 12 days, for those who want to explore sacred ceremony with plant medicine.
- $2,195 for Early bird
- $2,395 after Sept 1
Teachers, cooks and hike leaders:
Roy Holman: I am a 500 hour Certified Yoga teacher, in the Viniyoga tradition. I teach a safe, gentle, body-friendly, grounded, breath-connected, meditative, flowing traditional hatha yoga – a meditation in motion really. I like to move slow, give time to breathe deeply and savor the poses. I also teach breath-work (pranayama) and meditation, and also try to incorporate the many aspects of emotional healing and balancing I have learned. The meditation is a mindfulness style, with focus on breath awareness, heart opening, body senses, emotional clearing, and connection on all levels (body, breath, emotions, Earth, Spirit).
Liz Gross: “I believe all healing involves alignment of the soul with the body.” Liz is a gifted sound and vibration healer, and teaches with Roy on retreats. Liz teaches yoga, meditation, Oneness and often does some of the cooking on our retreats. “When you’re consciously in touch with the life energy within yourself, you have awareness & communication with the flow of energy that connects you to spirit. I feel very passionate about Vibrational Medicine and love working with others in this way & helping others to connect with their purpose and passion in life. Vibrational Energy Medicine brings the physical, emotional, mental, & spiritual bodies back into balance, which opens the way for rebuilding the healing systems of the body.”
Holman Health Connections, Liz Gross, Machu Picchu Yoga Retreat, Roy Holman, Yoga Retreat 2018