- This event has passed.
Mindful practice yoga workshop by Enid Spitz at Shefayoga
Sep 14, 2014 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm| $25
Recent neuroscience research is revealing more and more about how our brains work.
Can neural pathways change? What does the amygdala do?
We will learn how the brain interacts with our physical body, our movement and breath, and our awareness. Each brain concept is relevant to yoga too, giving us tools for a more mindful practice. After learning, discussing and journaling options we will put mindfulness into practice on the mat. The experience ends with a vinyasa practice incorporating the concepts of brain science with asana.
- Brain basics (brain v. mind, neuroscientific research etc.)
- Brain + Body (body maps, proprioception, body language etc.)
- Brain + Breath (pranayama and the central nervous system)
- Brain + Intention (neuroplacticity, neural pathways)
- A guided asana class to put what we learned into practice
- Students receive:
- Lecture + guided yoga class
- Knowledge packet
- Resources/Inspirations list
- Journaling prompts
[Photo credit: Enid Spitz]