- This event has passed.
Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery: A Yoga Teacher Training
January 11| $375 – $425
Mindful Resilience has been successfully integrated into mental health and addiction treatment programs for veterans and active-duty military across the US and Canada. Outlined here you will find a course description, benefits of the programs, and a course schedule. The course schedule is listed on the bottom of the page and is updated regularly to reflect new classes.
IN THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL EXPLORE:
- The development, course, and consequences of trauma-related disorders
- The psychotherapeutic treatment of trauma-related disorders and how yoga fits into an integrative treatment approach
- Special considerations and cautions when providing yoga therapy to veterans and other trauma-affected individuals
- Specific practices, guiding principles, and resources found to be helpful for veterans coping with trauma, including a detailed treatment manual with an empirically-informed, clinically-tested 12-week protocol, and access to a downloadable electronic copy (pdf) of the Mindful Resilience Yoga for Veterans Recovering from Trauma practice guide.
Mindful Resilience for Recovery and Resilience is an evidence-informed, clinically-tested yoga program that was developed specifically for veterans recovering from posttraumatic stress and other psychological difficulties. It is evidence-informed, in that practices have been chosen and adapted based on clinical and neuro-scientific knowledge about posttraumatic stress and its treatment. Clinical testing was based on feedback from hundreds of veterans and active-duty service members receiving treatment at residential and outpatient treatment programs.
This Veterans Yoga Project training consists of a balance of practice and lecture/discussion. At the end of the training, participants will understand the symptoms of post-traumatic stress and other trauma-related disorders, how those symptoms are related to underlying neurobiology, and how to use this understanding to most effectively teach individuals recovering from trauma.
- Friday 1/11/19: 6:00pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday 1/12/19: 12:30pm – 7:30pm
- Sunday 1/13/19: 12:30pm – 7:30pm
Your guide on this journey will either be:
- The creator of the Mindful Resilience yoga teacher training, Daniel J. Libby, PhD. Daniel is a licensed clinical psychologist and yoga teacher and is an expert in the mindful integration of evidence-based psychotherapies and complementary and alternative medicine practices for the treatment of PTS(D) and other psychological and emotional distress in active-duty military and veterans.
- Dr. Timothy Avery, Director of Program Evaluation, an OIF and U.S. Navy veteran and graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy. He earned his 200-hour certification at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health and is currently a research psychologist focused on yoga, trauma, and chronic pain.
- Brianna Renner RYT-500, Director of Programs, Marine Corps veteran. Brianna has been teaching yoga for 8 years, 4 of which have been spent teaching at the VA in White River Junction, VT, and has completed countless hours of training with Dr. Libby.
Partial scholarships are available for veterans, active-duty, and their dependents.
Brianna Renner, Daniel J Libby, Dr. Timothy Avery, Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery, Phinney Ridge Yoga, Yoga Teacher Training Seattle