- This event has passed.
Mindfulness workshop with Mike Graney at Lila Yoga
Mar 28, 2015 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $30
This practical and evidence-based workshop will introduce and explore some of the more
common practices of mindfulness and delve into some of the less common techniques as
well. As yogis we know the importance of accessing stillness in our practices on and off
our mats but sometimes what we are most familiar with eludes us and a different approach
is needed in order to find our most authentic self in stressful times. In this workshop
we will explore the basics of 6 different techniques of mindfulness:
- Seated meditation- stillness in our seat
- Walking meditation- stillness in our feet
- Pratyahara- the removal from external noise/stimulation
- Pranayama- stillness in our breath
- Tai Chi- stillness in motion
- Mantra- the specific and intentional placement of our body to create peacefulness.
The benefits of mindfulness have been extolled for millennium. More recently you may have
caught the Dec 14th segment of 60 Minutes presented by Anderson Cooper. Our practice
will touch on some of the same techniques mentioned in this program but will address
more immediate and practical techniques for those of u who cannot at present take a
week off to go on a retreat. This workshop will set the stage for deeper exploration of this
topic with Mike in future workshops.