- This event has passed.
Mobility and Strength: Moving Your Shoulders and Wrists
November 30 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
One event on Nov 30, 2019 at 12:00 pm
- experience stiffness in your shoulders or wrists
- would like to improve mobility in your shoulders and wrists
- would like to feel stronger and more comfortable bearing weight on your hands
- Then come do this workshop!
We’ll focus on…
- exercises to help you build well rounded mobility and strength so that you can have a fun and sustainable yoga practice
- gaining awareness of how our shoulders move and how their positioning can affect postures such as plank pose and downward dog
- how you can progressively load your upper body to build strength
- Oct. 19th, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM at Issaquah
- Nov 30, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM at West Seattle
Annual and monthly autopay members receive 10% off
About the instructor: Morwenna Hardwick
Morwenna’s love of movement began when she started training in aikido as a very young child, and it has stuck with her as she has continued to train in many different movement practices from Brazilian jiu-jitsu to classical ballet. Morwenna is a black belt in aikido which she teaches to kids and adults, and also trains in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Her first exposure to yoga was again as a child as she watched her mum practice and teach classes. Yoga was only a part of her life in a peripheral way, until she stepped into a class at Spira in June 2017. Since then she has completed the 200 hour teacher training at Spira, and yoga has become an integral part of her life.
She practices yoga from a place of increasing awareness of the body and finding strength; she looks forward to providing the guidance and space in her classes for students to do the same.
Issaquah, Morwenna Hardwick, Spira Power Yoga, West Seattle, Yoga for Mobility and Strength