- This event has passed.
New Pranayama class at Aham yoga in Redmond
Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm| $50 – $60
Pranayama is the 4th limb of yoga. This series of 4 classes will help practitioners of yoga build their breathing practice. And take them beyond their asana practice. Not suitable for beginners. Minimum 6 months of yoga experience required.
What is Pranayama?
- The purpose of pranayama is to make the respiratory system function at its best. The respiratory system is the gateway to purifying the body, mind and intellect. The key to this is Pranayama. On an average we breathe in 500 cubic centimetres of air whereas a controlled inhalation we breathe in 6 times that amount. Your breath is the grossest manifestation of the prana/vital energy that exists within all of us.
- Pranayama is the yogic art of breathing. It belongs to the yoga system which is 1000s of years old. Patanjali, the codifier of yoga describes it as the controlled intake and outflow of breath in a firmly established posture. Pranayama is an art and has techniques to make the respiratory organs to move and expand intentionally, rhythmically and intensively. Through the abundant intake of oxygen by its disciplined techniques, subtle chemical changes take place in the practitioner’s body
- In Yoga life is measured by the number of breaths you take.
Benefits of Pranayama
- Increases longevity of life
- Increases & improves blood circulation
- Increases digestion, vigour, vitality, perception and memory
- Strengthens the nervous system & respiratory system
- Maintain flow of pure blood which keeps all systems functioning
- Frees the mind from the grasp of the body, sharpens the intellect and illumes the self
- Quietens the upsurge of senses and desires
- Experience a state of serenity
- Relieves stress, depression and hypertension
- Increases resistance to diseases
- Helps gain a clearer state of mind
Classes will be held on Mondays from 7:15pm to 8:15pm starting on October 13th.
The cost is $60 for the 4 classes but sign up by September 15th and only pay $50!
Aham Yoga, Aham Yoga Studio, Arundhati Baitmangalkar, Pranayama, Pranayama Class, Redmond Yoga, Yoga Redmond