[Live Streamed] Abhyanga Snehana: The Ayurvedic Self-Oil Massage
February 27 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| $25 – $65
8 Limbs Livestream
The ancient Indian practice of Ayurveda teaches us that our bodies need different practices and foods at different times of the year. In the winter, we need more oil to maintain health and vitality. In this workshop we will explore Ayurvedic teachings around the main five elements that constitute the Universe, as we know it: Ether, Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and their intimate relationship to our nature. We will study the Doshas, or our in-born constitution: Vata, Pitta, Kapha, and practice Abhyanga Snehana or Self Care Oil Massage using the oils that suit our dosha.
To prepare for this class please have the following available:
1. Warm massage oil (in pan of warm water if possible)
- Those with Vata or Kapha constitution will ideally use sesame oil
- Those with Pitta constitution will ideally use coconut oil
2. Paper towels or rags in case of spill
3. A large or beach towel that can get oil on it over a “bed” of blankets on the floor
4. A warm space to do the practice, consider dimmed lights, candles & soft music
5. Short pants or roll-up pants and a sleeveless shirt or bra that can get a bit oily
6. A blanket to cover with at the end of practice
Saturday, February 27th, 10am – 12pm
$25 | Supported (discounted)
$45 | Sustaining (pays for you)
$65 | Supporting (pays for you, and supports others to be able to attend)
Cancellation Policy: Refunds of 90% up to five days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time.
About the instructor: Maritza Vargas Reyes
Maritza Vargas Reyes is a professional Ayurvedic Health Counselor and ERYT from Kripalu Yoga Center, with twenty years of personal practice and seven years of experience teaching and counseling individuals and groups the practice of Ayurvedic Therapies to promote Mind-Body balance and well being. Since 2013 Maritza has been offering well-attended workshops in Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond, WA.
8 Limbs Yoga Centers, Ayurvedic, Maritza Vargas Reyes, Online Yoga, Self-Oil Massage, Virtual Yoga