- This event has passed.
Pelvic Floor Yoga Teacher Training for Women Only with Leslie Howard at BendnMove
Nov 10, 2018| $650.00
This 20 hour training is for experienced yoga teachers, health care professionals, midwives, doulas, fitness trainers, massage therapists and just plain curious practitioners of yoga that want to deepen their practice.
You will learn:
- Current understanding of the pelvis, sexuality, misconceptions and modern medical care
- Anatomy of the pelvis, hips and gluteus muscles and their roles in pelvic health
- How posture affects the pelvic floor
- Identifying hypertonic vs. hypotonic muscles and the difference between a strong muscle and a tense muscle
- The role of breath and emotion in the pelvic floor
- How to teach breath and asana to students who need tone in their pelvis and as well as those who have too much tone
- Yoga for the pelvic floor during all stages of pre and post natal
- Anatomy and care for the male pelvis such as prostate issues, incontinence, sexual dysfunction
- Nov. 10th – 13th, 2018
- Saturday & Sunday meet 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Monday & Tuesday meet 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
- Fee is $650 before 10/25
- $695 after.
- Full payment is due by October 25. There is an optional project for certification after the program for an additional $225.
About the Teacher: Leslie Howard
Leslie Howard is an Oakland-based an internationally-acclaimed yoga educator who pioneered the growing field of yoga for pelvic health. Sonima Health named her one of the top 50 yoga instructors in the USA. Leslie leads Pelvic Floor Yogatm certification trainings and other workshops across the United States and internationally. Her teaching is informed by over 3,500 hours of study with senior Iyengar yoga teachers including Manouso Manos, Patricia Walden, and Ramanand Patel. In 2013, Leslie, with contributions from Judith Lasater, co-designed two successful studies at UCSF medical center that demonstrated the effectiveness of her yoga techniques for incontinence and pelvic pain. Leslie’s own struggles to heal her hips and pelvis led her to intense study of the anatomy, physiology, cultural messaging, history and energetics of this complex area of the body. Her new book, Pelvic Liberation, is available through Amazon.