- This event has passed.
Peru Machu Picchu Retreat – 2019
Jul 21, 2019| $1,995
Yoga Retreat Theme: Facing, Feeling and Clearing the Fear
As my teacher in India, Sri Bhagavan said, “Fear is the greatest obstacle on the spiritual path. Confront your fears.” On this retreat, we will explore our various fears and their many faces: anxiety, apprehension, worry, control, and settling for less than full on living. Do not worry, we won’t force anyone to do anything wild, although we will invite those who are willing to walk through a very short cave at the end of the retreat,at the sacred site of Saqsaywaman near Cusco.
At the same time, it is crucial that we do not get stuck in lower vibration fear and worry as we move forward into this shift on Earth into a New Paradigm of higher energy and joy and love.
Why Peru, Machu Pichu and the Sacred Valley?
Machu Picchu lies at the far end of the Sacred Valley. This sacred Incan site is the most visited ancient ruins in the hemisphere. Machu Pichu is like a magnet, attracting mystics, yogis and adventurist from all over the world. This 15th century sacred site was kept hidden from the invading Spaniards, only discovered by the Wet in the early 20th century.
But the Sacred Valley is so much more than Machu Picchu. What awaits us are amazing villages, temples, ruins, waterfalls, hikes, ceremony along the Urubamba River and surrounded by majestic mountains. We will visit during the dry season, without the rains, with cool mornings and warm sunny days.
Accommodations and Meals:
At left is a picture of the yoga space. Our home for 7 of the 10 nights is Sach’ay Munay, which translates as “Love from the Heart” or “Love from the Ancient Forest”. Sach’ay Munay is the perfect place for our visit to the Sacred Valley. It is within range of all the amazing villages, hikes and Machu Pichu itself. It has amazing chefs and food, fresh from the organic garden. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The yoga space is sacred and comfortable.
From their website: Sach’a Munay is nestled in an oasis of native plants and fruit trees and is nourished by a magnificent waterfall. It is a place to connect to the incredible depth and beauty of what nature offers. Our guests at Sach’a Munay Retreat and Yoga Center are served delicious meals with locally-grown and lovingly prepared ingredients. Each guest room is a reflection of the Peruvian culture of the Sacred Valley. Thanks to our staff, the entire center embodies the kindness, love and wholeness that seem to permeate this magical place. As a Peruvian NGO, profits from the Retreat and Yoga center go to fund local projects.
Itinerary for 11 Day Yoga Retreat:
Note: Included are all activities, guides, entry fees, transport, classes, lodging and meals (3 meals a day for the first 6 days). Down below you will see some listings of activities, options and meals NOT included.
Day 1: Sunday, July 21
- Shuttle picks you up at airport in Cusco
- Arrive in van from Cuzco to Sach’ay Munay
- Gentle Yoga (Roy)
- Easy day to adjust to altitude. Lunch, then Dinner
- Intros / Orientation / Meditation
- Morning gentle yoga (Roy) then B-fast
- Short Waterfall Hike, then Lunch
- Earth Ceremony
- Gentle afternoon Yoga (Liz)
- Meditation, then Yoga (Roy) then B-fast
- Tipon: Temple of the Waters Despacho ceremony (Don Basillio)
- Pisac Market
- Afternoon yoga (Liz), then dinner
- Meditation, then morning Yoga (Roy)
- Playshop: Facing the Fear
- Sweat Lodge Option
- Yoga (Liz)
- Meditation / Yoga (Roy) then B-fast
- Quinsacocha hike, meditation
- Pisac ruins and hike to town
- Yoga (Roy), then B-fast
- Playshop: Aligning with Divine
- Free Time, lunch
- Meditation, then Morning Yoga (Liz)
- Free time, museum option
- Lunch at hotel, Yoga in afternoon (Roy)
- Dinner, Kirtan
- Last night at Sach’ay Munay
- Meditation option, then Morning Yoga (Roy), b-fast
- Shuttle to Ollantaytambo (ruins, market)
- Option hike to Machu Picchu on Inca Trail
- or … train to Aguas Calientes (near Machu Picchu)
- We all spend night in Aguas Calientes at Hotel Tierra Viva
- Early departure for Machu Picchu!
- Later, depart on train to Ollantaytambo
- Spend night in Ollantaytambo
- Shuttle to Sacsatwaman sacred ruins and fear-facing in cave!
- Shuttle to Cusco, check into San Francisco Plaza Hotel
- Last night in Cusco
- Depart for airport or other options
Optional Add ons before regular trip:
Lake Titicaca visit (2 night trip / July 18-20) $350)
Summary of what Package Price includes:
You might consider purchasing travel & flight insurance, if you are concerned about health or cancelation. One highly rated company is InsureMyTrip.com although there are many others.
Note: Machu Pichu and the Sacred Valley are now very costly. Our prices are lower than most tours, without sacrificing quality.
- 10 nights accommodation: 7 nights in the Sacred Valley at Sach’ay Munay, 1 night in Ollantaytambo, 1 night Aguas Calientes, and 1 night in Cusco
- All Yoga, meditation and various other classes, workshops
- Retreat Leaders Roy & Liz and local guides Valerio, Don Basilio & Julian
- Domestic transportation (Vans, taxis, buses)
- Train ride to/from Aguas Calientes
- Machu Picchu bus, entrance fee and guided tour
- Machu Picchu options: Inca Trail hike, Mountain hike, etc.
- Airport transfers from/to Cusco
- Entrance tickets to various ruins, Sacred Valley sites
- Andean wisdom keeper blessings and ceremonies
- Guided trip to Pisac, Tipon, & Quinsacocha with sacred ceremonies
- All meals except for three lunches and three dinners
About the Teachers:
Roy Holman: I am a 500 hour Certified Yoga teacher, in the Viniyoga tradition. I teach a safe, gentle, body-friendly, grounded, breath-connected, meditative, flowing traditional hatha yoga – a meditation in motion really. I like to move slow, give time to breathe deeply and savor the poses. I also teach breath-work (pranayama) and meditation, and also try to incorporate the many aspects of emotional healing and balancing I have learned. The meditation is a mindfulness style, with focus on breath awareness, heart opening, body senses, emotional clearing, and connection on all levels (body, breath, emotions, Earth, Spirit).
Liz Gross: “I believe all healing involves alignment of the soul with the body.” Liz is a gifted sound and vibration healer, and teaches with Roy on retreats. Liz teaches yoga, meditation, Oneness and often does some of the cooking on our retreats. “When you’re consciously in touch with the life energy within yourself, you have awareness & communication with the flow of energy that connects you to spirit. I feel very passionate about Vibrational Medicine and love working with others in this way & helping others to connect with their purpose and passion in life. Vibrational Energy Medicine brings the physical, emotional, mental, & spiritual bodies back into balance, which opens the way for rebuilding the healing systems of the body.”
Holman Health Connections, Liz Gross, Machu Picchu Yoga Retreat, Peru Yoga Retreat, Roy Holman, Yoga Retreat 2019