- This event has passed.
Prenatal Yoga Series with Sonal Mittal in Redmond
Oct 19, 2019| $110
Why Prenatal Yoga?
At Aham yoga, we encourage all of our pregnant students to practice as often as possible to maximize the benefits of yoga during your pregnancy. Prenatal Yoga is beneficial as your body is going through constant changes with each day presenting something new or different. Our teachers have the expertise to help you cope with these changes whether you’re struggling with nausea, constipation, swollen legs, or just lack of sleep. Not only do you get a prenatal yoga practice, but it presents a great opportunity to learn about your body, understand how to support it during this period of intense change, and help your baby by being in the best form physically, mentally, and emotionally.
What to expect from the series?
- 1 session per week for 6 weeks
- Designed to help soon-to-be moms create healthy habits, address discomfort during pregnancy, and have fun with other soon-to-be-mommas
- Plenty of one-on-one assistance and attention with your yoga instructor to assure a safe, comfortable practice
- Assistance in preparing your body for a better labor and delivery experience for yourself and your baby
- Helpful Blogposts, videos, and homework poses provided
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
- Opens and stabilizes the hips.
- Strengthens the back and legs.
- Reduces swelling and improves circulation.
- Increases body and mind awareness.
- Instills a deeper understanding of what the body needs.
- Induces a sense of well-being for mother & child.
- Decreases stress levels.
- Prepares the body for labor.
- Helps regulate sleeping pattern.
- Stabilizes moods and emotions.
- Dissolves common pregnancy complaints of aches, pains, and swelling.
- Class will be Saturdays from 11:30am-12:45pm.
- October 19th, 2019- November 30th, 2019 (No Class Nov. 2nd).
- Instructed by Sonal Mittal.
- Cost is $110 for series.
- Next series will begin January 4th, 2020
- Bring Yoga Mat and Water bottle
- Bare foot class
- Eat 60-90 minutes before class
- Clear with your doctor before participating
About the instructor: Sonal Mittal
Sonal’s passion for yoga began when she went to her first class 18 years ago. She instantly fell in love with the practice when she experienced the effect that yoga has on her mind and body. One of Sonal’s favorite things about teaching yoga is that she can help provide the tools for others to have a healthier life and a calmer mind in this digital age. When she has free time between work and yoga, she enjoys spending time with her sons and connecting with family and friends. She also likes reading, cooking and dancing. Sonal is from India and currently works in finance for Microsoft.